Thread: Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Savage Model 12 BVSS in .223

I bought this rifle second hand and I remain impressed... it is one of several similar models... 26" ss fluted barrel, free floating, Screw cut with cap.
    1 in 9 twist, accu trigger adjusts down to 1.5lbs. Will handle bullet weights 40gn to 75 gn. Best weights were 69/75gns.
    A heavyweight at 10lb with laminated benchrest style stock. Has a 4 round "blind" internal mag. Shot it at Bisley 300 yards, gave sub moa groups with my home loads and 75gn Sierra bullet. The previous owner also provided a second synthetic stock... he had transferred the action into the synthetic stock and used the rifle to shoot foxes.. at 400 yards, he claimed!

The Savage barrel has a large adjustable collar for headspace adjustment.. the bolt handle is large and chunky. It is an excellent bench rest rifle. No problems at all.. so far.

amc577

i had one a few years ago looks nice with the thick barrel,shot quite good at 300y
    JB ,FAC superten .22, Dr bob quickfill....ruger 10/22...marlin 795ss .44 taurus

I have a Savage ftr in 308 and we also the same model as a club rifle; not heard any complaints, just the opposite, excellent rifles straight out of the box.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I've got one (223) as well although not cut for a moderator
    Cracking rifles loves 69grain bullets (with N140)and will hold the V bull on an F class target at 300 & 600 yds) if I read the wind well