Thread: Original 50 trigger component's wanted.

Original 50 trigger component's wanted.

hi all, I have been given on old original 50 to fix. The trigger is the 3 ball type but the balls have gone and the blade is snapped in half. Does anyone have any parts / complete assembly for one of these that I could purchase? Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    hi all, I have been given on old original 50 to fix. The trigger is the 3 ball type but the balls have gone and the blade is snapped in half. Does anyone have any parts / complete assembly for one of these that I could purchase? Thanks Max
    If there's a cycle shop near you, The ball brearings from the wheels are the correct size and are cheap to buy loose..

It took me two years to find a replacement blade, Is yours the bakelite type as mine was, The replacement I found was aluminium

This one was split almost in two!

The replacement built up and a stock refurb, It had been in bits so long that I struggled to remember how it went back together!!

Parts turn up on fleabay occasionally for them

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hi John, the trigger blade on mine is pressed tin, it has the same stock design as yours, the nicest version imo. Is the same trigger used in any other models, 35 for example?
    I've had a look and reckon a t01 or T06 will fit but will stick out the back by 5mm more than the original.
    Last edited by maximus; 09-10-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Thumbs up

Hi John, the trigger blade on mine is pressed tin, it has the same stock design as yours, the nicest version imo. Is the same trigger used in any other models, 35 for example?
    I've had a look and reckon a t01 or T06 will fit but will stick out the back by 5mm more than the original.
    I've never seen an early 50 with a tuin trigger, I've a type 01 that has one but I think it would be a massive job to switch them about!

The mod45 has the type 01 trigger with the pin through the stock as well..

This is a 45 and a spare action!

John

Chambers show trigger blade and trigger unit. https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24393/50/

original 35 blade is plasticish,diana 35 is alloy/metal.both types are identical
    ive actually been inside both this weekend and yes pushbike bearings are the same(imperial not metric)

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Chambers show trigger blade and trigger unit. https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24393/50/
    Thanks, will purchase that!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post

WOW!!

I was looking for a trigger blade for two years, Eventually Shinny on the now defunct Airgun forum.net put one up for sale so I pounced!!, never thought Chambers would have any in stock!

John!

For the record, the trigger unit for a contemporary model 35 should indeed be the same as the model 50.

The material for both guns changed over time. The first post-war guns used a solid alloy blade, then for a brief period in the early 60's, plastic was used. The stamped metal blade was the last evolution.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Got these components, stamped steel blade. You have PM.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 14-10-2020 at 08:01 AM.