I was a regular at both the Chatham and Chelmsford Militaria Fairs which I think are under the same management, and they were my main source of additional items added to my collection.
I was held up one day arriving just after midday at the Chelmsford venue, I paid the entry fee at the door and on entry into the venue almost all the stalls had closed and the tables were empty this was very disappointing as the fair advertised that their closing time was 1-00 pm, I arrived three quarters of a hour before the official closing time, only to find the fair was more or less closed, I went and pointed out that I had been charged an entry fee only to find in fact the fair was no longer operational as all the tables were empty, so I asked for my entry fee to be refunded the guy who appeared to be the fair manager gave me a string of expletives and told me to f### off, so I did and have never been to one of these militaria fairs since, purchasing all additions to my collection from Holt’s, Wallis & Wallis and many other auction houses.