Thread: Daisy 717 - no O-ring in bolt

Daisy 717 - no O-ring in bolt

Hello Everyone,

I recently acquired a Daisy 717 pistol that I really like to shoot. It is in relatively good condition.
    However I realized that the bolt on this particular pistol has no groove for an o-ring that every other examples of such pistols on the internet has.
    Because of this, air leaks out during shooting and pushes the bolt upwards a bit.
    Velocity still seems to be quite consistent around 365 fps with only a 6-7 fps spread, using flathead Geco pellets.
    I know that replacement bolts are available, but unfortunately no seller ships to Hungary...

What do you think?
    Should I just leave it as it is? Or should I try to DIY?

Thanks in advance,

PS: here's a picture that might help to understand the problem: https://imgur.com/a/7T69PU1

365 fps is pretty good for such a pistol and the bolt looks like original equipment so I would leave it as it is.

if you really want to gain a few ( and I mean a few) FPS, by all means try an aftermarket probe but I think the cost will outweigh the benefit

hard to tell from pic but has the old o ring flattened so much that it has filled the groove and just looks not to be there
    i'd want an o ring on the probe personally

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i'd want an o ring on the probe personally

So would I , but if the pistol has adequate performance for it's type, is it worth replacing that or the bolt? I'd leave it and enjoy until performance declined

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    The bolt looks like original equipment so I would leave it as it is.
    That's what I was thinking as well.
    Too much risk for little benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    has the old o ring flattened so much that it has filled the groove and just looks not to be there
    That was my first reaction too, but it really is just one piece of plastic. No o-ring at all.

Thank you both for your kind input!
    For now, I will leave it as it is and enjoy shooting it this way.