Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst job to tackle in a restoration?

I was told to put clingfilm between resin and stock.

Worst problem I had ... well, nearly: an Airsporter I was asked to rescue as it would not cock .. lever would not move all the way. Turned out the piston/buffer was stuck. Ok, no real problem. But there were vice marks on the cylinder. Once I managed to remove piston and investigated further it turned out the vice had been tightened so tight, presumably by the person trying to get the piston out, that the cylinder had become a tad oval. Not much but enough to create a tight spot.
    I dread to say that I did manage to get it better but it took time.
    Cheers, Phil

Bedding the action, good idea & id agrre with the idea of using cling film or something similar too as well as ensuring there was a good use of release agent too.

I dont know if you have seen the thixotropic types of adhesives that are made, epoxy ones, pu types, methacrylates etc but they might be of interest as although they can "squidge to shape" when uncured they don't run like a viscous liquid, so if you use the right amount they shouldnt flow to where you dont want them to run. Well thats the theory. Stil need release agent & film but they might offer a useful feature for an application like this.