Thread: Scope mounts for hw35

Scope mounts for hw35

Hi all, can anyone recommend which scope mounts to get for my 1976 hw35 please?
    I would like to leave the open sights fitted if possible and probably use a hawke scope i already have with an inch tube. Many thanks.

Mounts I can suggest are Apel one piece. I cannot recommend keeping/using the open sights.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

35 Mount

As I.J Said an apel but are expensive S/H but quality isn't cheap. Also look out for the period Rhino mount. I think your rifle will have the 13mm scope rail so bare that in mind when choosing. Mach 1.5

Sportsmatch also do a specific 13mm dovetail mount for the HW35
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 14-10-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Hw35 mount

Hi , yes I can agree with the comments as above, hard to locate an apel mount, and the rhino mounts also, but are very nice as thay are from the period when your HW was made.
    Sports match do a Hw specific, 1 price mount with the barrel droop, compensation built into it, as that was an issue of the early HW's.
    ATB

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    Hi , yes I can agree with the comments as above, hard to locate an apel mount, and the rhino mounts also, but are very nice as thay are from the period when your HW was made.
    Sports match do a Hw specific, 1 price mount with the barrel droop, compensation built into it, as that was an issue of the early HW's.
    ATB
    An Apel o/p sold on here today in a combo.

Apel Mounts

I've got two Apel mounts, both on MK1 HW80's, Until I compared them recently I didn't know they were available in different heights. When you think they used to cost about £20, when a HW35 cost about £60. It just shows how expensive they were.

IIRC (not much help, I know, sorry in advance) there was also a one-piece mount marketed under the Weihrauch brand in the late 70s or 80s. Very round and thick scope rings, and an arrestor pin. Not marked as HW, so probably really hard to track down - most owners will just think they have an old scope mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    IIRC (not much help, I know, sorry in advance) there was also a one-piece mount marketed under the Weihrauch brand in the late 70s or 80s. Very round and thick scope rings, and an arrestor pin. Not marked as HW, so probably really hard to track down - most owners will just think they have an old scope mount.
    That sounds like the Rhino mount, they had thick round rings and a pin. They actually cost more than the Apel mount.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I've got two Apel mounts, both on MK1 HW80's, Until I compared them recently I didn't know they were available in different heights. When you think they used to cost about £20, when a HW35 cost about £60. It just shows how expensive they were.

IIRC they came in 3 different heights and are adjustable for windage. There was models for the HW(13mm), HW(11mm), FWB/Webley with the cross pin arrestor and BSA Airsporter/Mercury with the curved end block.

Many thanks for the very helpful replies. It appears that Apel mounts are a bit expensive and that someone? has cornered the market in them
    Have went for the 13mm Sportsmatch mounts in the end, Cheers lads

Quote Originally Posted by xocet View Post
    Many thanks for the very helpful replies. It appears that Apel mounts are a bit expensive and that someone? has cornered the market in them
    Have went for the 13mm Sportsmatch mounts in the end, Cheers lads
    Luckily I manged to pick another Apel o/p this week then.