Thread: Harper Pepperbox in US

Harper Pepperbox in US

Went too high for me but you don’t see many of these?

Beautiful item. Sadly banned in the UK.. As an aside, when I first logged onto that auction site in the UK when it started, there used to be guns for sale on that site.

Really nice to see a classic from Steve, I don't think many were exported to the US, I know the aircanes were quite popular.....
    WANTED.... any details on the pen and pipe set!!

Hmm, that’s nice! I remember Steve Harper made a single shot turn off barrel pistol, a mini pistol and, of course, the air cane too. Unfortunately I was a student at the time and couldn’t afford any of them. If I could I’d have gone for a pepperbox in .30! Some of them didn’t use the whole air cartridge, they used the air cylinder with the pellet cap removed, so if they can not chamber the complete cartridge are they a self contained air cartridge weapon, and are they banned? Regardless, given the price of the one advertised, I still can’t afford it! Anyone remember the brass air cartridge Gatling Gun? think it was displayed at Sportsman for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by springfieldm6 View Post
    Hmm, that’s nice! I remember Steve Harper made a single shot turn off barrel pistol, a mini pistol and, of course, the air cane too. Unfortunately I was a student at the time and couldn’t afford any of them. If I could I’d have gone for a pepperbox in .30! Some of them didn’t use the whole air cartridge, they used the air cylinder with the pellet cap removed, so if they can not chamber the complete cartridge are they a self contained air cartridge weapon, and are they banned? Regardless, given the price of the one advertised, I still can’t afford it! Anyone remember the brass air cartridge Gatling Gun? think it was displayed at Sportsman for a while.
    The ones like the mini-pistol which only use the main body of the TAC as a reservoir, with the pellet loaded separately into the breech, remain legal, as they don’t use a “self-contained air cartridge”.

In theory, you could make a revolver on a similar principle, with the pellets loaded in the cylinder separately from the air reservoirs, but I suspect that the Home Office would instantly invoke the clause in the VCRA (I think) that lets them basically ban anything they don’t like the look of, but hadn’t thought of when passing the relevant law.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The ones like the mini-pistol which only use the main body of the TAC as a reservoir, with the pellet loaded separately into the breech, remain legal, as they don’t use a “self-contained air cartridge”.

In theory, you could make a revolver on a similar principle, with the pellets loaded in the cylinder separately from the air reservoirs, but I suspect that the Home Office would instantly invoke the clause in the VCRA (I think) that lets them basically ban anything they don’t like the look of, but hadn’t thought of when passing the relevant law.
    Reckon you’re right regarding the revolvers, as they’d still be easily convertible - the Harper guns probably less so. Has anyone got one of the Steve Harper air cartridge guns? I’d be interested to see photos.