Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley viscount deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    What a beauty - I remember Arthur Shepherd ?.....used to use one in airgun world in the 80's.
    Did he? I mostly remember him using a 35E.

Well memory is hazy but I’m pretty sure he reviewed one.....unless it was a Vulcan Custom.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

I always remember him using a Hw35 then he moved on to a theoben scirocco, I used to love reading his articles.

Dave.
    Last edited by DM80; 21-10-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I have a love hate relationship with these. Lovely looking guns, its just that I could never get on with Webley sidelevers.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They are gorgeous. And they handle well. Really nice job you’ve done on that.

Unfortunately they have the pretty average 80s Webley innards and the same mediocre trigger as the Vulcan (etc).

I think they are really quite rare. I see (guestimate) about twenty to fifty Trackers come up on sale or threads to every Viscount, and the Viscount Deluxe hardly ever.

Judging from Chris Thrales’ book, it’s possible that Webley at various points in the 80s stopped making Viscounts, instead relying on selling new old stock.

In addition to the regular Deluxe, the Viscount and Tracker were offered in 1984-6 from the factory with walnut tyrolean stocks. I think they are incredibly rare. Thrale quotes a price of £120 for the regular Deluxe, but £169 for the Tyrolean, at a time when an HW80 or FWB Sport or HW77 could be got for £100-140 (IIRC).
    The Vicount delux are very rare, Chris paid more for the one he bought from me It was close to mint. There were more Vulcan deluxes done. Sure they were the same gun with a nicer stock to standard. Typical Webley, fine guns if you don't want to shoot further than farmyard ranges. In 1986 that wasn't good enough.

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    Lovely job as ever Dave. Where do you get these things? Not the Viscount specifically but you always seem to have rare or sought after guns?

Lovely rifle !

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    .a well broken-in and lubed Vulcan-family trigger is not at all inappropriate for a sporting rifle (yeah I know I'm a team of one on that point, LOL).
    Nope. I'm another. There's not much wrong with the Webley trigger as far as I'm concerned. Adjust the pulloff right down and it's fine. Yes, a Rekord is better, but I can shoot a good Webley as well as a good Weihrauch.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Nope. I'm another. There's not much wrong with the Webley trigger as far as I'm concerned. Adjust the pulloff right down and it's fine. Yes, a Rekord is better, but I can shoot a good Webley as well as a good Weihrauch.
    The trigger on this one i have is not bad, its light and predictable obviously not as good as the record then what is, overall this viscount shoots well it has good accuracy and decent power around 10ftb overall its a joy to shoot and own.

Dave.

looks stunning dave