Thread: Changing AirArms TX-200 Barrel from .22 to .177

Changing AirArms TX-200 Barrel from .22 to .177

Pardon me if this topic has been addressed before. My search results did not yield what I am looking for.

Would it be possible to replace the .22 barrel on the TX-200 with a .177 barrel? Also, would it involve simply replacing the barrel or any other modifications are required? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Far far cheaper and far far easier to trade it in for the correct calibre.

But it is very possible to do if you want.
    Master Debater

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yes, easier to do a swap / deal on the gun in the calibre you want, but the work itself is actually quite easy, provided you can either machine up or otherwise source the new barrel. I did a .20 TX HC a while back.

Currently I have a FWB300S barrel waiting to machine to convert a .22 SR to .177

No other mods are required, besides fine tuning the power to suit the less efficient calibre
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yes, easier to do a swap / deal on the gun in the calibre you want, but the work itself is actually quite easy, provided you can either machine up or otherwise source the new barrel. I did a .20 TX HC a while back.

Currently I have a FWB300S barrel waiting to machine to convert a .22 SR to .177

No other mods are required, besides fine tuning the power to suit the less efficient calibre

Ha ha .
    That'll upset a few purists .

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Ha ha .
    That'll upset a few purists .
    ha, yeah, for sure... In my defence, no 300s was injured; it was scrap way before it came to me; even the breach was mangled but a gentle application of heat and wooden mallet saw it reveal a relatively unmollested core barrel, already blued under the shroud.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thank you all for your replies. To be clear, the barrel can simply be swapped and it does not require any modification apart from tuning for the change in calibre?Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Locksley View Post
    Thank you all for your replies. To be clear, the barrel can simply be swapped and it does not require any modification apart from tuning for the change in calibre?Cheers.
    yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    ha, yeah, for sure... In my defence, no 300s was injured; it was scrap way before it came to me; even the breach was mangled but a gentle application of heat and wooden mallet saw it reveal a relatively unmollested core barrel, already blued under the shroud.
    That’s what they all say .

It was dead before I killed it