Thread: Weihrauch Silencer HW97K?

Weihrauch Silencer HW97K?

Hi all,

Does anyone run a Weihrauch silencer on their HW97K, if so, does it make a difference?, I am running a Vortex tune on mine by Tony Burton.

Cheers

John...

John, If you can live with the extra length the Hw add on 97 silencer has ? go for it as it works extremely well on a tuned Hw.

Or instead of that buy an adaptor that screws into the end of the mock mod on the 97 and fit a smaller mod, which is all that's needed imo.

Yet again Weihrauch have missed a trick by not offering a slim inline add on mod for the 97, something along the lines of what is being included with the limited edition 98.

Atb

HW55T
    Hw77+7

HW Silencer for a 97

Hi John

I have been playing with silencers on springers for a long while.
    The latest HW female silencer is bang on. Now in plastic with an extended appendix which you thread the barrel onto. A big improvement. Less is more less point of impact drop and nothing affected in windage. That's the most important factor for me. Plus on my V-Mach .177 97 considerably reduced wind noise as well it's worth it. After years of plinking the wife moans "you've made yourself death" you silly sod get a hearing aid. A silencer is a lot cheaper. Also with my tinnitus, headaches and my horses bolting about with sudden cracks anything is worth it for a quieter life.
    Best Fittings 97 adaptor and an O ring is all you need and a silencer. BF don't supply the O ring. You can re fit the end cap O ring onto the adaptor but I popped into Hayley Electrical and picked up some extra rings to try. Four of each size the same and slightly larger about a dozen. Brilliant value only pennies. Got my new Wellies too.
    After a bit of trial and error I found a thicker O ring is better suited for shooting extra straight with an extra silencer to boot holding the whole shooting match still. I have a QS silencer on my TX which obviously screws straight in. However I did fit my new type Herman silencer with a Ramsbum steel adaptor on to my TXHC
    I like Herman.
    Last edited by William Tell; 18-10-2020 at 08:25 PM. Reason: My head hurts now, its the Abbot.