Thread: Weihrauch .22 barrels

Weihrauch .22 barrels

Hello all,

I have heard talk of more 'recent' HW .22 barrels being a bit poor.

Is this the case? Was it just a dodgy batch that has generated a reputation?

Is it just certain guns or all .22 barrels of a certain period/batch, and if so, is it now sorted for brand new guns/barrels?

Cheers in advance,

Tim

HW Barrels

I think they had a problem with a batch of screw cut ones on the HW100 but I do believe this was awhile ago and was only a problem with this model. Mach 1.5

HW95L barrel

FWIW, I have a new, (2020), HW95L .22 and the barrel + accuracy is perfect as far as I am concerned. This Weihrauch rifle is much more accurate than I am able to shoot. Recent 25 yard target from my back deck.

Rifle

Thanks - so not necessarily a widespread issue?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post

Cheers
    No idea Tim, but a friend has just bought a new HW97 in .22 and it is absolutely spot-on as far as accuracy is concerned with no issues. I rather doubt that "tuning" would bring forth much improvement either!

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post

Cheers
    I'm a bit wary of starnut 22 barrels, there isn't much 'rifle tube' in the breach end of a 22 due to the bore, if that makes sense_

I'm interested in this topic and good to hear others have found current hw 22s A OK
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I'm a bit wary of starnut 22 barrels, there isn't much 'rifle tube' in the breach end of a 22 due to the bore, if that makes sense_

I'm interested in this topic and good to hear others have found current hw 22s A OK
    I have no idea if it is a thing or not, but I have definitely seen a few threads and references to HW .22s over the last couple of years.... but you never know with the tinterweb!

I've had a bad hw100 in .22 but was the crown had a few 99 and 95 all been spot on over 15/16 I've had and only 1 that wasn't the grade it should of been