Thread: Where to find HW99s Barrel Shroud/Weights?

Where to find HW99s Barrel Shroud/Weights?

Evening

Does anyone know where I could get either a shroud or better still some 15mm diameter barrel weights for a HW99s? I know Tinbum and Konceptus used to make a shroud, but beyond that Google isn't really helping me. A bit more weight at the end would really help the rifle stay on aim.

Many thanks,

Jon
    Last edited by Jon; 11-10-2020 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Evening

Does anyone know where I could get either a shroud or better still some 15mm diameter barrel weights for a HW99s? I know Tinbum and Konceptus used to make a shroud, but beyond that Google isn't really helping me. A bit more weight at the end would really help the rifle stay on aim.

Many thanks,

Jon
    A friend gave me a wreck of a Ruger Airhawk Elite. It had a barrel weight, which fits perfectly on the HW50/99 barrels.
    It is made of steel, and gives a lot of stabilizing weight.

Hi you could try hull cartridge drop them a e mail

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Jonny Neate makes a pretty good barrel weight. Not sure if he is currently making any though. If you get really desperate/adventurous then give me a shout and I may have some old stock HW99 barrel sleeves here. They would need polishing and bluing though.

ive just made 3 for my stingray and xocets.
    basically i copied the one fitted to my tomahawk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Jonny Neate makes a pretty good barrel weight. Not sure if he is currently making any though. If you get really desperate/adventurous then give me a shout and I may have some old stock HW99 barrel sleeves here. They would need polishing and bluing though.
    I have a Jonny Neate barrel weight on my 99s. It sorted out the muzzle flip, and it only added about 1"ish to the overall length. Highly recommended.
    As Bongo as said, not sure if Jonny is still doing stuff.
    Les..
    Last edited by les allam; 12-10-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks everyone,

I've PM'd Jonny Neate and have my fingers crossed that he still makes them. Really appreciate the kind offer Captain Bongo, do the sleeves you have slip/tap on without damaging the barrel underneath?

I would get the slip on Weihrauch silencer but the gun looks disgustingly long with it on :/

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thanks everyone,

I've PM'd Jonny Neate and have my fingers crossed that he still makes them. Really appreciate the kind offer Captain Bongo, do the sleeves you have slip/tap on without damaging the barrel underneath?
    Erm..... They should, but If you like your HW99 and want it to look good I think you should stick with Jonny....

I put a prosystem silencer on mine it works spot on and flip has gone

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Tip - You need about 15.3 bore to go over the foresight rails which are slightly proud.

I made something similar from alloy as barrel finisher, it secures with a small grub screw which would leave a small mark should it be removed.
    I had mine powder coated being alloy, but making it from steel to make a weight would allow you get it nicely blued.