Thread: Old club

Old club

Anyone know what happened to the club at cobham ? I used to visit there some years back

no replies

Ok then they must all have gone to the happy shooting range , thinking of going myself just got the old guns out after about 20 years and can hardly cock the vulcan (which is still in excellent condition) I won it from one of the airgun mags back in the early 80's, but my poor old meteor ( my favorite rabbit gun) has taken a turn for the worst. the piston and piston head disintegrated and took the spring with it . Now after all this time I dont seem to be able to get parts and have no idea how to put what bits of the trigger mechanics i have go together. I used to be able and even made a spring compressor out of copper tube but now im all thumbs ( and some of them work like toes)

Hi,

Protek have plenty of early meteor spares:

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/bsa-...day-parts.html

Could make a nice winter project.

Any questions on servicing it try the collectibles section.

Cheers,
    Matt

+1 for the wonderful folks in the collectables section. They've provided me with loads of help and advice through the strip down and rebuild of a Mercury and an Airsporter now. There'll be some knowledgable folk in there who can help you out I'm sure.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Get the Meteor shooting like new again. I had one many years ago and it eventually broke, my brother took it apart and it was never put back together. I have always regretted that because it got all of us into air rifles. Good luck with it and the new club.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Interesting, I shot at Cobham for a few years.. very nice setup - 100 yards outside and 10 yards indoor. The airgun folks were nice, but the firearms side were a bit mad. I need to dig out some old contacts to see if it's still going...

I now shoot at a little airgun / RF club in new malden. We have many vintage guns, and vintage members You are welcome to arrange a visit. Meteors are easy enough to work on - if you get stuck I can help you sort it easy enough. All subject to whatever lockdown / social distancing is being enforced at the time

As said protek are good for spares.
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 10-10-2020 at 07:08 AM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

old club

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Interesting, I shot at Cobham for a few years.. very nice setup - 100 yards outside and 10 yards indoor. The airgun folks were nice, but the firearms side were a bit mad. I need to dig out some old contacts to see if it's still going...

I now shoot at a little airgun / RF club in new malden. We have many vintage guns, and vintage members You are welcome to arrange a visit. Meteors are easy enough to work on - if you get stuck I can help you sort it easy enough. All subject to whatever lockdown / social distancing is being enforced at the time

As said protek are good for spares.
    Thanks for the info I would be interested to come over to the club , not too far from me .
    How can we swap info like address and costs etc
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Hi,

Protek have plenty of early meteor spares:

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/bsa-...day-parts.html

Could make a nice winter project.

Any questions on servicing it try the collectibles section.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Thanks MATT GOOD FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanrobert View Post
    Anyone know what happened to the club at cobham ? I used to visit there some years back
    I went there a few times as it wasn't too far then but that was fifteen years ago. I have a vague recollection that the firearms side put in some restrictions that made it too difficult for the airgun club to function. Jon Budd is the one who would know but I don't know if he's still on here.

I remember Terry Doe visiting once to test the BSA Hornet for his review and borrowing my Logan moderator to quieten it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I went there a few times as it wasn't too far then but that was fifteen years ago. I have a vague recollection that the firearms side put in some restrictions that made it too difficult for the airgun club to function. Jon Budd is the one who would know but I don't know if he's still on here.

I remember Terry Doe visiting once to test the BSA Hornet for his review and borrowing my Logan moderator to quieten it down.
    Hello mate, I'm still here
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanrobert View Post
    Thanks for the info I would be interested to come over to the club , not too far from me .
    How can we swap info like address and costs etc
    Bob
    I'll PM you...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Hello mate, I'm still here
    Good. I hadn't noticed you'd changed your ID again.....

Meteor parts

Spring, piston and head posted today! Ggggr got the cylinder, Evert thr trigger mech and OP the remainder.
    I got space in my spares box! David