Thread: Baikal Makarov CO2 4.5mm Blowback !!

Baikal Makarov CO2 4.5mm Blowback !!

Seen a couple of these about both on the sales thread in here and on Gunstar .

I always liked the Baikal Makarov and owned several over the years including a couple of suppressed ones ( anyone got suppressed one for sale they would be prepared to let go lol ? )

I never expected to see a blowback version , largely due to the weight of the steel slide etc but I am pleased to see there is one now .

On a personal note I was disappointed they could not have retained the original magazine ?

One of the qualities of original Mak is the lovely mag with bbs/ CO2 all together . This new one has a nasty ( ppk like ) stick magazine separate from the gas which requires removal of grips for each fill ( what a pain ! )

I wonder if this new model will be imported into the UK ? I seem to remember York Guns brought them in at one time back in the day along with that interesting RPSH revolver : Weight was 1.25 LBS & priced at £59-99 when the Mak' was priced at £109.

I would probably buy one despite the disappointing mag design

Carl

Hi Carl,

The blowback Baikal Mak has been around since 2016/17 but only distributed within the Russian domestic market.

Consequently very rare over here until someone imports a substantial batch.

Yes it's a shame the magazine is plastic but it does its job. Removing the grips to charge CO2 is not such a big deal as the grip securing screw does not need to be replaced during a long session. Other replica Maks also use a sliding grip to access CO2 but are not as well made.

John M

Oleg at rusmilitary now has them in stock

http://www.rusmilitary.com

Quote Originally Posted by sutherland2829 View Post
    Oleg at rusmilitary now has them in stock

http://www.rusmilitary.com
    Yes indeed Iain.

Oleg has some useful advice on reassembly on his site and tells me he is impressed with these pistols. He can also supply original Bakelite grips for this model.

There should be a new Yunker model available from Oleg in the New Year too...

John

Blowback Mak

Thought this outfit was not willing to stock them from reading some previous posts ? A few here said no chance when they asked this place
    He must have changed his mind then