Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just in Webley Mark 1 Rifle

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    Very nice. 326 in .22. That's not a recorded one and adds to the knowledge
    A few years ago a chap in the U.S. messaged me through a watch forum (TZUK), He'd seen my Mk1 Webley and he'd bought one cheaply, The etching was really crisp and clear but the rifle had large spots of deep rust

The number on that one was 320

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    A few years ago a chap in the U.S. messaged me through a watch forum (TZUK), He'd seen my Mk1 Webley and he'd bought one cheaply, The etching was really crisp and clear but the rifle had large spots of deep rust

The number on that one was 320

John
    That close a number may mean that someone like Stoeger bought a batch? The location of my rifle was close to New York where they were located. Are you saying his was acid etched or rolled? Asked the seller if he had any history and he never got back. Why can’t guns talk!? Only have one rifle a 1919 BSA Light that I have a total history on. I made a booklet with its history and pictures so hopefully the story doesn’t get lost.
    Last edited by 45flint; 18-10-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    That close a number may mean that someone like Stoeger bought a batch? The location of my rifle was close to New York where they were located. Are you saying his was acid etched or rolled? Asked the seller if he had any history and he never got back. Why can’t guns talk!? Only have one rifle a 1919 BSA Light that I have a total history on. I made a booklet with its history and pictures so hopefully the story doesn’t get lost.
    It was definitely acid etched, I'll nip over to the forum and see if I can still find the pics

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    It was definitely acid etched, I'll nip over to the forum and see if I can still find the pics

John..
    That is crazy 6 rifles between this and mine one acid etched one rolled?