Thread: Element helix

Element helix

Not exactly a review , But i picked one up today "ELEMENT HELIX" after looking at all the top end scopes , disappointed with Bushnell compared to my old 6500 elite's , Nearly got a vortex @ £660 , but picked up one on the recommendation of the gun shop saying he hadn't had any problems from the ones he had sold , far from it , And i was very surprised after i pulled my face at the made in china label how clear the glass was all feels solid , stainless mechanics in the turrets not cheap brass very positive and precise , all you would find on a mid to high end scope and @ £340 , felt well worth a try . quick google back home and found good reviews , a good vid or 2 on youtube . time will tell i guess . tried before in very low light and very good .

well am after getting one of the element scopes but am have a nightmare trying to decide on what to go for the Helix or the titan and then am going to have to spend another 100ish on a set of 34mm mounts will it be worth it compared to the £330 price of the helix

Helix

The Helix has second focal plane and the other one you decribe has ffp that there is a big difference and the price is more

Titan

I first ordered the Titan, it was a quality scope but massive and very heavy , I exchanged it at the shop for a Helix and glad I did. The Titan would be a great range or static scope , but not for me as I stalk with mine and do some prone shots. The Helix is also accurate of the mil dots at 12 and 24 mag and dial able on the turrets which seems accurate.

Hello did you go for the FFP or SFP I'm curious to see what people use for target work up to 50M
    Im also considering buying one at the moment
    BSA Ultra CLX 160 - Sidewinder 30 4-16x50 FFP
    Weihrauch HW80K .22 V-Mach - Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32
    Rapid 7 MK1 .22 - Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 now sold

Quote Originally Posted by monkeytree View Post
    Not exactly a review , But i picked one up today "ELEMENT HELIX" after looking at all the top end scopes , disappointed with Bushnell compared to my old 6500 elite's , Nearly got a vortex @ £660 , but picked up one on the recommendation of the gun shop saying he hadn't had any problems from the ones he had sold , far from it , And i was very surprised after i pulled my face at the made in china label how clear the glass was all feels solid , stainless mechanics in the turrets not cheap brass very positive and precise , all you would find on a mid to high end scope and @ £340 , felt well worth a try . quick google back home and found good reviews , a good vid or 2 on youtube . time will tell i guess . tried before in very low light and very good .
    You should be wel pleased with it, I have two of them SFP clean ret & FFP dirty ret not let me down over the last 18months, really clear glass & what about the packaging superb, I also have a Nexus (Jap) class @ over a grand, bit of a let down compared to the Helix

Enjoy

Regards
    Mike
    Best regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    well am after getting one of the element scopes but am have a nightmare trying to decide on what to go for the Helix or the titan and then am going to have to spend another 100ish on a set of 34mm mounts will it be worth it compared to the £330 price of the helix
    Hi

Go for the Helix buddy brilliant performer, the Titan is okay except heavier & add the cost of the 34mm rings & it does not add up

Regards
    Mike
    Best regards
    Mike

Had a good look through a Helix, lovely glass. Think I will be buying one soon.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Thumbs up Element Helix.

I had a Helix SFP really good scope with none fussy reticle and felt well made. Plus a no quible warrenty.
    Sold it on just to get a higher mag scope for FT no other reason.

Another shout for the Helix here. I’ve a few in FFP and find them a good scope. The ret might get a bit fine for some, towards max but I only go up to about 18-20 and it’s perfectly ‘see-able’

Another consideration would be the Athlon Argos, same spec. Ret is distinctly thicker and may suit some eyes better 🙂

I have a 6-24 Helix in FFP; lovely scope but it is very eye relief fussy. Something to be cautious of prior to purchase; it cam be a bit awkward on a bullpup.

I got a 6-24x Helix as part of a deal when buying an Impact.
    My original intention had been to get rid of it asap, but whilst trying out the rifle before handing over the cash, I was surprised at just how good the scope was.
    Nett result - I’ve kept it. For the money it represents very good value

I found nearly all the Element scopes I’ve seen to be unnecessarily heavy. If my memory serves me correctly one of them was over 1kg which is just silly for any air rifle..

Heavy Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Koodaah View Post
    I found nearly all the Element scopes I’ve seen to be unnecessarily heavy. If my memory serves me correctly one of them was over 1kg which is just silly for any air rifle..
    I agree,they are on the heavy side.
    I also find on the SFP models without illumination it
    can be difficult to see the reticle at higher magnifications.