Thread: How to hold and pump a scoped Sharp Ace?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will hopefully give it a try at the weekend now I have fitted a 4x40 Kassnar which seems to suit it.
    I have also reinstated the silencer and adapter it came with which does make it a long beast!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will hopefully give it a try at the weekend now I have fitted a 4x40 Kassnar which seems to suit it.
    I have also reinstated the silencer and adapter it came with which does make it a long beast!
    Sounds nice. Very eighties.

It certainly feels a lot easier to pump without a scope. As Louis photo shows you'll have to hold down on the scope, I've read pumping with one hand on the grip not only puts pressure on it but may also cause you to twist the pump arm.

Thumbs up

I used to grip the part of the stock where the thumb goes (whilst shooting) with my left hand and pump with my right but I only put three pumps in as it was fine for punching paper at 25 yards

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I used to grip the part of the stock where the thumb goes (whilst shooting) with my left hand and pump with my right but I only put three pumps in as it was fine for punching paper at 25 yards

John
    I was only planning on putting in 3 pumps myself.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I quickly learned that putting a scope on a "pumper" wasn't a good idea due to the difficulties in pumping the rifle up.
    The only scope I had any success with was one of those pistol type scopes (I think they're called "scout" scopes) with very long eye-relief -- even then it wasn't very satisfactory and I soon reverted to open/peep sights.

been there easer to go peep louis from holland got the sight mounts you sent me allan m
    millybot1