Thread: Tench Reg

Tench Reg

I have observed that the first shot falls short of the target and thereafter all is as it should be. Is this unusual for a tench regulator?

Should I maybe dry fire the first shot before fitting the mag, or should I actually fire a round to rectify the problem?

Thanks ...
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I have observed that the first shot falls short of the target and thereafter all is as it should be. Is this unusual for a tench regulator?

Should I maybe dry fire the first shot before fitting the mag, or should I actually fire a round to rectify the problem?

Thanks ...
    What length of time are you talking, ie first shot from the gun lets say being left several hours or five mins?
    Shaun

Was it worth the trouble, Ah, what trouble

Thanks ...
    Have you asked Tench himself??? he will be the best one for this I would think same as you would expect every shot to hit the mark

Spartan: The first shot falls approximately one inch at 35 yards and then directly afterwards (the time it takes to re-index the mag) everything is on target.

Zakdingel: I’m not acquainted with Mr Tench or that would be a good idea. My HW100 FSB has recently visited The Ratworks for full service, new tube and fitting of Tench reg. Delighted with the results, just this little idiosyncrasy a little puzzling...

Spartan: The first shot falls approximately one inch at 35 yards and then directly afterwards (the time it takes to re-index the mag) everything is on target.

Zakdingel: I’m not acquainted with Mr Tench or that would be a good idea. My HW100 FSB has recently visited The Ratworks for full service, new tube and fitting of Tench reg. Delighted with the results, just this little idiosyncrasy a little puzzling...
    Its always worth while firing one or two shots off if the guns been left for a few hours, as you will probably get reg creep, can be common with most regs, hence the first shot is usually down, but if its happening within say five to ten minutes, then that's no good , and i would suggest taking it back and getting it serviced.
    Shaun

Was it worth the trouble, Ah, what trouble

Simon Howarth (Tench) works closely with Ratworks. Get it back to them if it's creeping they'll sort it.

Thanks guys. I was not aware of Reg creep. That explains it and I will make sure to fire a couple of shots first - presumably dry fire will be okay?

That’s what I love about this forum: everyone is so helpful. 👍

My Taylor regged s410k does the same, a couple of dry fires before setting off and it’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    My Taylor regged s410k does the same, a couple of dry fires before setting off and it’s fine.
    That’s great to know. Thank you so much. I’m a happy chappy now. ��
    Last edited by Cicero; 17-10-2020 at 11:36 AM.

My HW100 also likes to be “warmed up”...usually dry-fire 5 shots first after a charge / time stored away.

Edit: standard hw100

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    My HW100 also likes to be “warmed up”...usually dry-fire 5 shots first after a charge / time stored away.

Edit: standard hw100
    I'll have to give this a go with mine next time I'm out