Thread: Stingray or 99s

Stingray or 99s

What's the better rifle brummie stingray in a nice grained walnut stock with mod or a hw99s older plain smooth stock with pro system mod both in .22 ?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Whichever one fits and you like best
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I've got a 99 at the min but been offered the stingray off a lad I know but is a 3 hour drive just to try lol the 99 seems flippy at the muzzle which I don't like the way things are at the min i could only just afford a tin of pellets never mind a drop in kit as much as id love to. Had to sell my r10 to get the kids a puppy after theirs had a fit and dropped dead. The webley is supposed to be tuned but it's not a hw

Then my hand on heart answer is: Don't spend more money on another gun! (I know right?!)

What power is your 99 at? A simple strip, clean and slight power reduction may solve the problem. There is very little in the lightweight springer world that can beat the 99 when set up right.

The one with a rekord trigger cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Then my hand on heart answer is: Don't spend more money on another gun! (I know right?!)

What power is your 99 at? A simple strip, clean and slight power reduction may solve the problem. There is very little in the lightweight springer world that can beat the 99 when set up right.
    Gunshop it came from said it's at 10.8-10.9 ftlb so should be right could do with someone having a go with it that knows them to see if u a just me coming from pcp or if it is actually bouncy

I dont have a Stingray, but I have an Xocet, which has the same power plant as the Stingray.
    Compared to the 99s, which here in Norway is called the 50s, the 99/50 has a shorter stroke and a lighter piston, which to most people makes it easier and more comfortable to shoot. The 99/50s is one of the springers that are really easy to shoot accurately, both because of the powerplant and the trigger.

But the Webleys have a feel that you dont get from the modern German guns. If you can, get both, and enjoy both for what they are.

Both good guns , I have a stingray here in walnut and it does shoot lovely , It feels like it's more like a rammer than a Springer when you shoot it, Its a lovely compact gun but you wont go wrong with a older hw, Which ever feels better,

Webley stingray and HW99

I have both and I prefer the HW99 for the trigger and less recoil.
    The Webley is shorter so it is quite a bit harder to cock.

Keeping the 99 had 6 wood pigeon and a crow over yesterday evening and this evening just needs tuning I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibrgun View Post
    Keeping the 99 had 6 wood pigeon and a crow over yesterday evening and this evening just needs tuning I reckon
    It may not need tuning, but all HW99 owners should watch THIS and fix the galling before it starts

It may not need tuning, but all HW99 owners should watch THIS and fix the galling before it starts
    Great video, mate - well done.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

It's not galling at all but feels a bit twisty at the muzzle when fired so reckon it needs a fettle/tune but shoots ok

Is this not the 99 you offered me in a swap?

I thought you said it had been tuned by Shauny?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibrgun View Post
    It's not galling at all but feels a bit twisty at the muzzle when fired so reckon it needs a fettle/tune but shoots ok
    What pellets are you using? If you haven't already tried, do give it a go with some of the JSB Exact RS.

Internally, make sure spring ends are nice and square / flat, smooth and shiny. Wouldn't hurt to have a polished washer at each end too and make sure it's properly lubed.

Then just shoot and enjoy and take the time to get to know this awesome little springer inside out.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!