Thread: Oh dear i think ive caught the webley disease

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    As a teenager I wanted a Tempest almost as much as I wanted a Fizzy and a willing Girlfriend but such is life and I ended up with a (El) Gamo Center a Mountain bike and a girlfriend who only wanted to hold hands.
    The result of that has been overindulgence in later life which has cost me dearly. When I bought a Tempest back in about 2002 I swore that would be my only Webley pistol....who needs more than one after all? I was wrong.....very wrong and there are still examples that I’d love to find and so far can’t like the early wooden gripped Junior and a spring clip Mk1. Maybe one day

Then of course there are those who like to sniff them, according to an earlier thread.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ghlight=webley

My first airgun was a Webley Typhoon in the early 80s. Loved the paperwork/poster that came with it.

Swapped it as a kid for a Gamo Paratrooper repeater. Which I thought then was a good deal. 😢

(And, tbh, got a lot of fun out of.)

Fast-forward 35ish years: Mk1 pistol, Senior, Hurricane, Tempest, Mk3 x 2, Falcon, C1, Tracker DL, Air Wolf, Xocet, Omega, Tomahawk, Longbow.

It’s a sickness. But not a bad one.

I resemble this disease.. I wanted one to tinker with, got a mk2 junior, then the offer of a tempest came up, then last week a hurricane, now I hanker after a senior... Oh and BSA.. I got an airsporter with the tempest, and have just bought a mj1 meteor... Hankering after a mercury, and a scorpion pistol... Gun Aquisition Syndrome... GAS... I have GAS...

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Its worse than i thought
    I aquired a boxed mint scorpion last year...id forgotten..oh dear this is bad
    Gun control means using both hands.