Thread: Hw99 stripdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalibrgun View Post
    I will do bud proper spat my dummy out today with it if I didn't put it away is of ended up breaking it or injuring myself I was a bit wound up when I got the rifle and was told it's spot on its a right pig to cock said there was a couple preload washers in so went to take them out and looks like a kid has put it together with half a gallon of grease could hear the cocking show going along the spring when it was cocked now can't get the fcucker back together with the preload in by no means a "tuner" but have fettled a few and this is by far the worst after he's supposed to of sorted it
    As Nick says, take your time and a considered view. It'll take only a small amount of work and a couple of properly fitting components to transform it into the refined and accurate sporter that it's crying out to be. You'll love it once suitably fettled.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If you had one previously tuned by Shauny - why didn't you just get him to do this one as well?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    If you had one previously tuned by Shauny - why didn't you just get him to do this one as well?
    Because funds are tight. I've no details for Shaun I got the last 99 already tuned. i took this one back to the gun shop it came from with a broken spring to be fixed but ended up being worse after he put a titan spring and the current spring he says is a hw one. But looking at how slack the spring guide is I really can't see it as a hw one to be honest.

Cani ask what you paid and is it new , also if you use shauny the man is a cahmp but i also had great service from tinbum to , but the guy that looked at my 99 when it was a dog even with tuning kit was wonkey and he got ti cocking nice and shooting ok but as the barrel was chopped it was hard to cock so i went for a bl4de shroud so easy to cock now .
    well mate if your selling at the right price wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    Cani ask what you paid and is it new , also if you use shauny the man is a cahmp but i also had great service from tinbum to , but the guy that looked at my 99 when it was a dog even with tuning kit was wonkey and he got ti cocking nice and shooting ok but as the barrel was chopped it was hard to cock so i went for a bl4de shroud so easy to cock now .
    well mate if your selling at the right price wink wink
    I've got 200 in the gun with a webley pro system silencer and nikko 3-9x50ir scope in going to try get it together tomorrow the spring seems 4" too long the full back block piece is stuck out the guide is about 15mm out the back of the gun from how it shot to start to what a dog I've ended up with its sickened me. Won't be using the shop again

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibrgun View Post
    I've got 200 in the gun with a webley pro system silencer and nikko 3-9x50ir scope in going to try get it together tomorrow the spring seems 4" too long the full back block piece is stuck out the guide is about 15mm out the back of the gun from how it shot to start to what a dog I've ended up with its sickened me. Won't be using the shop again
    I got my hw for £40 but sin ce have put a new stock on a bl4de shroud and a wonkey kit in it and then wonkey looked at it as was still a bugger gauling but sorted now , they are a lovely gun once messed with , have you got a dremel i used that and a diamond ball bur i got a large diamond bur put it in from the block end then put it in the dremel as it would not fit the cocking slot , i then use it on the low setting and ran it up and down the cocking slot then i used a 600grit polishing mop in the dremel again on low and polished the slot to near mirror , it is worth messing with it .
    i think i have some spare burs if you need any

Well had a couple of hours today trying to get it back together did the milk bottle piston sleeve and ended up collapsing coils til I could get it back together ended up at 7 coils so 6 1/2 off and collapsed the cut and and ground it flat and still had to get a pal to come put all his weight on the cylinder into a rubber bung to get it in shoots horrible twangy stiff and just not nice at all didn't even put the scope back on I get know I'm not going to like it