Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hw99 stripdown

Called down to get the 99 and he wasn't happy with the cocking effort or the snappyness of firing cycle and asked if I can leave it til Monday and hell get it right if not he will order another mainspring but a genuine hw one (which from what I've read there's not much better) instead of the titan no1. so I'm still gunless at the min and dying to get out shooting

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Lots on the web about the listed Titan spring being too much (no.1)... IIRC I've seen 5, 13 and 10 all listed as being useable in the 99 albeit with shortening required on the first 2...

I said that to him but as they only list the no1 that's what he got in. I said to him if it's twangy harsh and harder to cock it won't be leaving the shop too it's right so sorting it out. It was a lot more sedate and no twang at all with the broken spring. The breaks were at the spring guide end. Nearly set my tennis elbow off trying to cock it today lol

Been back to the shop again still not done it will be weds now he's had to order a hw mainspring. Better be right wen i go down on weds not happy at all lads off school wanting to get out shooting

I’ll never use him again or recommend the shop, but hope you get sorted. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibrgun View Post
    Been back to the shop again still not done it will be weds now he's had to order a hw mainspring. Better be right wen i go down on weds not happy at all lads off school wanting to get out shooting
    If he has the spring on Wednesday but hasn't fitted it, I'd be tempted to take it home and fit the new spring myself. After all, you now know how to work on it and can take a little extra time finishing / polishing spring ends etc.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

As above, at least you know it’s done proper.atb mick

Got he rifle back today after having an accident and been laid up a few days. Well owe it shoot .... Like a sack of sh#@ twangy as hel l and hard to cock this is with what's supposed to be a hw spring I've stripped it took loads of grease out the spring guide falls out and the preload is ridiculous the spring is flush with the end of the cylinder and I havn t got the strength in my shoulder to get the tw@t back in .... Not a happy bunny at all its on the 2nd replacement mainspring and is worse than when it started out. I've well and truly given up. It's thrown in the cupboard to forget about I'll Buy something else after xmas

That’s not good at all,surely can’t be too difficult for a gunsmith. Like i said I’d never take anything or recommend them to anyone. Look Ryan booth up top lad. Atb mick

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    When you've calmed down a bit and taken it back out of he cupboard, ring me and we'll get it shooting better
    God rest ye jelly mental men

What happened to the “shauny” sorted 99 you were looking to trade for my TX?

Quote Originally Posted by SCW22 View Post
    What happened to the “shauny” sorted 99 you were looking to trade for my TX?
    You never got back to me so sold it on needed the cash

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    When you've calmed down a bit and taken it back out of he cupboard, ring me and we'll get it shooting better
    I will do bud proper spat my dummy out today with it if I didn't put it away is of ended up breaking it or injuring myself I was a bit wound up when I got the rifle and was told it's spot on its a right pig to cock said there was a couple preload washers in so went to take them out and looks like a kid has put it together with half a gallon of grease could hear the cocking show going along the spring when it was cocked now can't get the fcucker back together with the preload in by no means a "tuner" but have fettled a few and this is by far the worst after he's supposed to of sorted it

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    That’s not good at all,surely can’t be too difficult for a gunsmith. Like i said I’d never take anything or recommend them to anyone. Look Ryan booth up top lad. Atb mick
    I won't use him again I only took it to him as I got the gun from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibrgun View Post
    I will do bud proper spat my dummy out today with it if I didn't put it away is of ended up breaking it or injuring myself I was a bit wound up when I got the rifle and was told it's spot on its a right pig to cock said there was a couple preload washers in so went to take them out and looks like a kid has put it together with half a gallon of grease could hear the cocking show going along the spring when it was cocked now can't get the fcucker back together with the preload in by no means a "tuner" but have fettled a few and this is by far the worst after he's supposed to of sorted it
    As Nick says, take your time and a considered view. It'll take only a small amount of work and a couple of properly fitting components to transform it into the refined and accurate sporter that it's crying out to be. You'll love it once suitably fettled.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!