Thread: Royal Mail starts parcel collection service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds useful, but I rely on my local sub post office for all sorts of things. If you use the collection service they will get no credit (obviously) and I am told that if you use any of the pre-paid services, whether PO, PF, the Bay or whatever, they get no credit either, as they are just acting a drop-off point. If a sub post office drops below a certain level of business, it is closed.

Everybody's circumstances are different, but if you've got a local sub-post office and value it, just remember - use it or lose it.

Alan
    Last edited by Archer50; 23-10-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
    Everybody's circumstances are different, but if you've got a local sub-post office and value it, just remember - use it or lose it.
    yup, agreed...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Also agreed. I will not use the 'pay on line' and drop off at PO system. We live in a rural village and the PO is a crucial part of the community. If it closed then the nearest PO would be almost 4 miles away... not good for those without transport etc besides which, having a local PO is just so convenient.
    Cheers, Phil

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Also agreed. I will not use the 'pay on line' and drop off at PO system. We live in a rural village and the PO is a crucial part of the community. If it closed then the nearest PO would be almost 4 miles away... not good for those without transport etc besides which, having a local PO is just so convenient.
    Cheers, Phil
    Yes that's the same reason l use ours.

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Still go to post office for that, nice to pop out once in a while for dog walkie and fresh air instead of waiting endless for postie to come or not!.

I used this service today. Cost me 60p for non regular letter postman to collect pre paid labeled package. Seems like RM have a separate collect postie. Receipt, proof of posting, via precisely timed e-mail.