Thread: Long Barrelled Makarov

Long Barrelled Makarov

Hi

I’m looking at thinning my collection of airguns and I’m seeking some information on a long barrelled Makarov I’ve had for the last 15years or so. I’m sure I bought it of here years and years ago.

As can be seen in the pictures it’s a standards Mak with a long barrel and a fake silence that screws over it.

I don’t think the barrel extension is screwed into the standard barrel but I’ve never taken a pair of mole grips to it. I’d guess that the original barrel has been replaced by this longer one.

Serial number is T04 0 16553

Interested to know if anyone has seen anything similar, was this an aftermarket improvement or were they sold like this. Any idea what sort of value they have.

Thanks in anticipation

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    Hi

I’m looking at thinning my collection of airguns and I’m seeking some information on a long barrelled Makarov I’ve had for the last 15years or so. I’m sure I bought it of here years and years ago.

As can be seen in the pictures it’s a standards Mak with a long barrel and a fake silence that screws over it.

I don’t think the barrel extension is screwed into the standard barrel but I’ve never taken a pair of mole grips to it. I’d guess that the original barrel has been replaced by this longer one.

Serial number is T04 0 16553

Interested to know if anyone has seen anything similar, was this an aftermarket improvement or were they sold like this. Any idea what sort of value they have.

Thanks in anticipation

Bill
    The longer barrel / silencer kit was sold as an accessory from a couple of sources.
    Rumoured to up the power a little.

The longer barrels are a slightly smaller bore and only capable of taking 4.5mm steel BB's whereas the factory barrels would fire .177 lead balls

I bought a kit some years ago. Around the 100 quid mark, I think.
    For selling as a whole, I guess that should fetch 50-60 above a standard Mak.
    B.A.S.C. member

Hi Bill,

As has been said, several companies have offered after market replacement barrels for the Baikal Makarov and I do not know of any that left the factory with extended barrels.

The grips do not look like original factory grips either and look to be after market - possible U.S. Pearce grips.

A set is always worth more if in original condition and accompanied by original packaging/accessories - you have a very pretty Mak' nonetheless.

Kind regards,

John