Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super quiet pcp

Super quiet pcp

I'm after a super quiet budget pcp/silencer combination if one exists. Its for rat control at my allotment and backs onto houses. The cheaper and quieter the better. I've looked at the Kral NP03, Gamo GX40 and Artemis P15 but I don't think they are particularly quiet on their own? I've found a company Air-Fective Tuning that seem to do good silencers but they don't answer the phone or reply to messages. There is a Vermin Hunters YouTube video around the P15 but I cant track down the barrel shroud they recommend. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by kipladle View Post
    I'm after a super quiet budget pcp/silencer combination if one exists. Its for rat control at my allotment and backs onto houses. The cheaper and quieter the better. I've looked at the Kral NP03, Gamo GX40 and Artemis P15 but I don't think they are particularly quiet on their own? I've found a company Air-Fective Tuning that seem to do good silencers but they don't answer the phone or reply to messages. There is a Vermin Hunters YouTube video around the P15 but I cant track down the barrel shroud they recommend. Please help.
    Just a small point but the whack of the pellet usually makes a louder noise than the sound of the shot and will be nearer to your targets immediate neighbours than you will be.

The quietest gun I ever shot was a daystate air wolf many years ago. It was really quiet. 6 feet away and you were not sure if the gun had discharged.... You certainly heard the impact though when lead hit cranium.

I think you will struggle to find uber quiet and super cheap tbh but good luck.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Before you go to all the hassle of finding what your looking for , Do you have the relevant permission to use an Airgun on the Allotment ?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Anyone with a HW silencer.
    Master Debater

I've not checked but would still like a budget pcp set up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Before you go to all the hassle of finding what your looking for , Do you have the relevant permission to use an Airgun on the Allotment ?
    I've not checked but would still like a budget pcp set up. I'm also struggling to find a range in Nottingham.

mark dempsey does the best barrel shroude ive one on my p15 like a mouse farting

Mark Dempsey Shroud

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    mark dempsey does the best barrel shroude ive one on my p15 like a mouse farting
    How can I get one? I couldn't track it down

The Kral would definitely need a silencer . I have a Hogan decimeter on mine.

@kipladle if you know of a man called bl4de on another forum his silencers moderators are second to none i have changed out my hw silencers to his and even had him make a full barrel shroud silencer for my hw99 .
    the guy works magic not sure how but most of my guns you now hear the action or the hammer hit or just the pellet hit the target steel very little noise .

If you get stuck pm i find his details for you

My BSA R10, Weihrauch HW100 and my trusty springer a Walther LGV were certainly quiet enough to shoot many rats.
    I didn't have any rats complaining they were to noisy.

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

I had a BSA Scorpion with a Huub shroud that was near silent all I could hear was pellet impact, My Rapid MFR was even quieter still.
    I wouldn't mind a good shroud on my HFT500,, that damn thing is loud

Id also say don't forget to looks at the BSA Ultra also with a proper shroud

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    silence means optimal efficiency.. so look for a gun with the following:
    regulator
    sling shot or other anti bounce hammer
    longer barrel

that will minimise the noise at source, then just select or build the best mod / shroud

however the point about permission on the allotment is a pretty fundamental one.. id be amazed if the council gave permission for allotment users to discharge airguns on those tiny plots..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The owners of the allotment may well not give you permission so worth checking now. If its council, they can be very snotty. Have you got insurance in place.

If you are backing onto housing then you have even more to consider plus who may be around when your shooting if you do get permission that you may be aware of or may not!!!!

If your shooting, should you be making any users on site aware or not.

Can you cintain your shots within the boundary of your permission should they give it.

To be honest, I would suggest you have other priorities you need to consider before you worry about a silent air weapon and mod.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Mouse fart

Kral np02 with weihrauch silencer, pretty darn quiet & not,a,fortune,
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Your right, bad idea. Struggling to find a range in Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    The owners of the allotment may well not give you permission so worth checking now. If its council, they can be very snotty. Have you got insurance in place.

If you are backing onto housing then you have even more to consider plus who may be around when your shooting if you do get permission that you may be aware of or may not!!!!

If your shooting, should you be making any users on site aware or not.

Can you cintain your shots within the boundary of your permission should they give it.

To be honest, I would suggest you have other priorities you need to consider before you worry about a silent air weapon and mod.
    Your right, bad idea. Struggling to find a range in Nottingham.