Thread: What on earth is it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    I have an Anon Shaw branded 9ft Pike rod I use with and old Mitchell (my fishing kit is all 60's / 70's ...I just like the action of fibreglass)...On a fishing forum Anon Shaw are often discussed and as mentioned on here they were a short lived importer in the late 60's trading out of 62 Clarendon Road, Hornsey, London N8.

Their logo was a fish shape made from the letters as per item 124300014585 on "that" website.

Airguns and fishing tackle went hand in hand back then as now in sports shops. I don't know if the address above was also a retail shop, or just an importer's address unfortunately.

ATB, Ed

Anon-Shaw

Thanks for the offer of posting photos, Frank, but I'm selling the gun now and it's gone on trial.
    What a wealth of knowledge there is on this site. Many thanks to all who have commented and confirmed my suspicions. I too, found details of a supplier of fishing gear but there was no mention of air guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    Thanks for the offer of posting photos, Frank, but I'm selling the gun now and it's gone on trial.
    What a wealth of knowledge there is on this site. Many thanks to all who have commented and confirmed my suspicions. I too, found details of a supplier of fishing gear but there was no mention of air guns.

But the make and model hasn't been confirmed? we are nosy and would like closure. Pictures would be welcomed please

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I have two early Millard Bros. prewar air rifles which are clearly 'Diana' made products which are simply marked MILBRO and foreign.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    I have two early Millard Bros. prewar air rifles which are clearly 'Diana' made products which are simply marked MILBRO and foreign.
    Interesting. Details? Pics?