Thread: Picatinny bipod

Picatinny bipod

Looking for a bipod to mount on the forend picatinny of a hw110 and spotted the "Leapers UTG Tactical OP Bipod Rubber Feet Center Height 8.3"-12.7" on our sponsors site. Anyone used one of these and can recommend it? Or any other reasonably priced alternatives you can suggest? Rubber feet are a must as it'll likely be getting set on an inside window ledge.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Several manufacturers make an adaptor so a std stud mount bipod can also be used with a picatinny rail

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    Just got the AirForceOne ADRAS from uttings, pretty good

As per Angrybear says, you can buy varieous adaprters so you can use std sling swivels and then adapt for the like of a weaver or piccy mount. some need an allen key to fit and are not snap and play.

If I have an issue, it is that some of the clones are not level and if you slacken off to allow adjustment to get the vertical, they become sloppy and the legs can fall away.

To be frank, I bough an Harris pod early on and it has been absolutely faultless. None of the others have come close. TBH, I am thinking of getting an adapter for the harris and converting all my rifles to piccy rails on the fron stud or adding in addition to the swivel stud. It is notched leg for quick deployment and it is pan and tilt. I added a podlock which allows you to level the rifle and lock or use variable friction to micro adjust. brilliant.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thanks folks, I completely overlooked the adras because it was sandy coloured and I didnt realise it was available in black. Looks very tidy. Would have to weigh up if the Harris are that much better because by the time I add in an adapter for a stud they'd be twice as much I think.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by charliemow13 View Post
    Thanks folks, I completely overlooked the adras because it was sandy coloured and I didnt realise it was available in black. Looks very tidy. Would have to weigh up if the Harris are that much better because by the time I add in an adapter for a stud they'd be twice as much I think.
    the adras is far better than the harris imho, i think harris are very overrated i have had a few of them and would not have another, the vanguard stuff is good as well but the legs dont lock at 45 degrees like the adras do

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    the adras is far better than the harris imho, i think harris are very overrated i have had a few of them and would not have another, the vanguard stuff is good as well but the legs dont lock at 45 degrees like the adras do
    Yes I have tried a few alternatives but came to the opposite conclusion.

The Harris has been the only 100 % reliable pod I have used over 15 years of use.

All of the clones I have tried mimicking either harris or the current styles have all had issues.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill