Thread: Hello, O got one problem with one Co2 cylinder BANG!

Hello, O got one problem with one Co2 cylinder BANG!

Hello, O got one problem with one Co2 cylinder every time I fill and I take from the Co2 fire extinguisher make a big BANG! I fill the other cylinders no problem, I try to repair that cylinder an I change the internal O ring but no change after when I unscrew from the connector BANG!:
    Some suggestion, please.
    Katanga

Remove the adaptor and the cylinder rather than just the cylinder?

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    This is new to me. I don't understand what you are doing, can you explain further?

The internet suggests the vapour pressure above a quantity of liquid CO2 at room temperature is abt 55 Bar, and that would be the pressure in a Powerlet or a CO2 fire extinguisher.

That level of pressure is well into "blow parts of your anatomy off" territory.

What hardware are you using to connect?

What kind of cylinders are you charging?

And to quote Seargent Wilson, "Do you think that's wise sir?"
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

got one problem with one Co2 cylinder BANG!

Hello, I go to explain with more detail. I got one Walther CP2 Pistol, two-cylinder when I fillings with Co2 from one fire extinguisher with one of them when unscrewing giving me a laud Bag!
    the valve does not shut properly ( not is overfilling problem even with low filling dose the BANG!
    The adaptor is Ok I fill other cylinders without any problem.
    I change the O ring on the cylinder but I get the same problem. I suspect the shout off valve problem.
    I hope to explain myself god

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Remove the adaptor and the cylinder rather than just the cylinder?
    Hello If I remove the adaptor from the Co2 fire extinguisher with the cylinder attached all the Co2 gas from the cylinder escape (the shut-off valve still open).

If you have a problem with only one pistol cylinder I would say it is a problem with its valve closing. The opposite can also happen when transferring too much liquid CO2 when you get valve block and need to use the venting cap. Any residual gas trapped between the extinguisher and cylinder when the lever is closed is at about 820 p.s.i. so it does make a noise.

Baz (see pic)

https://i.imgur.com/1ADwNgG.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    If you have a problem with only one pistol cylinder I would say it is a problem with its valve closing. The opposite can also happen when transferring too much liquid CO2 when you get valve block and need to use the venting cap. Any residual gas trapped between the extinguisher and cylinder when the lever is closed is at about 820 p.s.i. so it does make a noise.

Baz (see pic)

https://i.imgur.com/1ADwNgG.jpg
    Hello Benelli76. I suspect is the shout off valve I changed the O ring but not get results inside there is one M3 brass wash I go to add other two to give more pressure on the spring.
    when I lived in Italy I have one Benelli custom chambered 7.65 long barrel, and after became the b80 sport.
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    Katanga.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga View Post
    Hello If I remove the adaptor from the Co2 fire extinguisher with the cylinder attached all the Co2 gas from the cylinder escape (the shut-off valve still open).
    Ok
    Baz is usually right!

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga View Post
    Are you not using the standard large hand lever on the fire extinguisher as the filler valve ? As soon as you let go of that it shuts immediately. See the attached pic on my previous post. Are you using some other type of valve from the extinguisher ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Are you not using the standard large hand lever on the fire extinguisher as the filler valve? As soon as you let go of that it shuts immediately. See the attached pic on my previous post. Are you using some other type of valve from the extinguisher ?

Baz
    Hello the fire extinguisher is the same on the picture and shout immediately, only the Walther filler adaptor is connected, I fill another cylinder and not a problem.
    I changed the O ring on the shutter valve and doing the same, I changed the spring and the same, the green O ring luck ok, I put the cylinder on the pistol and is ok.
    This cylinder has the problem BANG! this worried me.