Thread: Pelican pump up air rifle 60's era - info?

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!

Pelican pump up air rifle 60's era - info?

I saw it in its box and it was a 'Pelican'. My friend's older brother owned it.

As young-'uns I remember us playing on the waste ground opposite his house. I remeber a whizz-pop sound a few times. After a while Andrew heard it too. Eventually I worked out what this sound was.

Andrew sort of inherited it after a few years and was similarly disrespectful of it. All the same it was an impressive piece of kit and I still wonder what it actually was. He said it takes 10 pumps to get maximum power and we both thought that meant the power of a Howitzer. I think it would have been a bit less than that.

Googling does get one image which may or may not be that rifle and with no info. Does anyone remember any details of a 'Pelican' pumper rifle?
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    How long ago are we talking about.

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    How long ago are we talking about.
    sorry just read the head line.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    sorry just read the head line.
    Been there done that.

On the general forum post someone asked about that family and suggested asking on here. They were Polish from the war and Andrew's older brother may have travelled a bit. Certainly later he spent time in the States. Left his E-type in their garage. Andrew and me just thought it was just a funny looking large car with an odd looking stick-on front number plate and a small interior.

I don't know why I'm so curious except that the gun was 'a big thing' to us young'uns.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2