Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading on the forum.

Trading on the forum.

Is there anything to look out for in the trading section?
    Is it a safe area? How do people pay for goods?
    Anything I need to know?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    This forum is generally safe, I tend to buy from "known" members most. Usual caveats for distance buying apply though

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Is there anything to look out for in the trading section?
    Is it a safe area? How do people pay for goods?
    Anything I need to know?
    It's about as safe a place to buy and also sell as you can get these days, I have bought, sold, swapped and gifted numerous items without a glitch. As above really, stick to established members and you will not go far wrong. Paypal or bank transfer are the two main ways to exchange monies or cash on collection if the item is close by.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    You won't be able to see the sales area until you have five posts. Can I suggest a quick squint at the rules is the first step. Boring as that sounds, it'll save you hassle in the long term.

Cheers

Dave
    Smell my cheese

ive had no issues with sales on here bothe buying and selling ,met some great members over the years

As above

Thanks for the good info.
    I know I won’t see the trade area yet but I will check the rules on trading when I’m allowed in.
    Cheers.

Bit tough on us new members! I think the best new members can do is direct people to other forums where we have some feed back. Newbies are not all dishonest! 😁

i dont think any one on here thinks newbies are dishonest bud its like everything else once you have done a few good deals thats when people start truting theres so many people getting there fingers burnt wih scammers not jut on this forum all over,so people try to deal with people thy know i know its hard at first but your time will come enjoy the forum bud

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlad101 View Post
    Bit tough on us new members! I think the best new members can do is direct people to other forums where we have some feed back. Newbies are not all dishonest! ��
    No one said Newbies were dishonest.

The five posts before gaining access to sales is designed to weed out spammers, scammers and those folks who've joined just to buy and sell.

The BBS is not a sales site, it is primarily an Internet Airgun forum with a sales section attached for active members to use.

Folks who've quite obviously joined just to buy and sell get the privilege of sales access removed, which is something I'm monitoring at present.

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 13-12-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No one said Newbies were dishonest.

The five posts before gaining access to sales is designed to weed out spammers, scammers and those folks who've joined just to buy and sell.

The BBS is not a sales site, it is primarily an Internet Airgun forum with a sales section attached for active members to use.

Folks who've quite obviously joined just to buy and sell get the privilege of sales access removed, which is something I'm monitoring at present.

All the best Mick
    Sure understand. Just trying to bigup the newbies. Cheers for the forum

Bit tough on us new members! I think the best new members can do is direct people to other forums where we have some feed back. Newbies are not all dishonest! 😁
    It's 30 posts on the Rapid forum so think yourself lucky

I’m not really into forums etc I like to site and watch the crack. Like to pick up new ideas and info of experienced shooters. Late 70’s was the late I fired a gun, an old Diana .177 from the 60’s at least. All the gas rams and pcp’s are new to me, same as telescopic sights, I had nothing like that.
    I’m just chasing rats in the back garden about 15m away, between that and motorbikes, wood turning and metal turning I don’t have a lot of time for the guns.

Sure understand. Just trying to bigup the newbies. Cheers for the forum

We were all newbies once, so no need to big them up.

All the best Mick

I have done a few deals, both buying and selling, and have had no complaints. And as said met a few very nice people all keen shooters and willing to help with advice and practical assistance.