Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combros - Where have they all gone?

Quote Originally Posted by phil384 View Post
    And if you do, make sure to buy the badge off the combro website
    I was offered one by Robin when I enquired about sending mine back for repair, but I said I didn't need a badge to demonstrate my stupidity.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Im sure i have one lurking somewhere that needs batteries
    Gun control means using both hands.

i bought mine on free ads before it went pear shape

You can have my mk4 for £50 posted if you want. Theres a small piece missing from front hood, I definately didnt shoot it so unsure how it happened. I used black insulation tape without problems. New case is £3. No leads or alignment tool. PM me if you are interested, would rather keep for less

Im sure Robin said he still had spare to fix some broken ones so it may be an idea to get any that are broken fixed before the spares run out .

He was trying to work out how to keep making them . He may chime in on here .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Im sure Robin said he still had spare to fix some broken ones so it may be an idea to get any that are broken fixed before the spares run out .

It's a crying shame that this has happened to the brothers because the Combro customer service is legendary and it's something that much bigger companies should have taken note of many years ago.
    Even though I have bought the badge I will try twice as hard not to be a complete plank & shoot my Combro for a 5th time

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    It's a crying shame that this has happened to the brothers because the Combro customer service is legendary and it's something that much bigger companies should have taken note of many years ago.
    Even though I have bought the badge I will try twice as hard not to be a complete plank & shoot my Combro for a 5th time
    I sent Robin a Pm to ask him to clarify the situation as from the other forum it looked like they were trying to keep it going .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

I better send mine off for repair, some older boys shot it and then ran away --- honest.

I had it all planned out, unregister for VAT, sell the remaining stock, buy tools and materials for a new improved model.

I unregistered at the HMCE web site, effective 5/4/20

I then sold £22k worth of chronoscopes

I went to fill in my last VAT return and they had forgotten I had unregistered.

I rang them up. She said, no problem, fill in the form and tell them to unregister you as of 31/3/20 or you will have to do all of April.

Okay says I and made a huge mistake by doing what she told me to do.

They unregistered me as of 5/7/20. Meaning I had to pay them £4k of my £22k but I could not reclaim the VAT on the tooling.

Since then I ring them up, they tell me all I have to do is write in and they will fix it. Then I wait 5 weeks to be told they cannot do it.

I have piles of chronoscopes but bu66ered if i will sell them until this is sorted out and I am VAT unregistered.

My accountant thinks he may have better luck, he's having a go.

I think there is a problem with the new HMCE computer, if I could prove I had unregistered they would allow it.

I could go on...

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the VATman Robin. Hope you manage to get it sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the VATman Robin. Hope you manage to get it sorted soon.
    As above . Hope you get the issue sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    Oh God, it's Vatman and Robin, isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by robinghewitt View Post
    Oh God, it's Vatman and Robin, isn't it
    Indeed it is.

But, joking aside, I really do hope you get it sorted.
    Last edited by Monster; 25-10-2020 at 08:47 PM.

You gotta giggle

"VATMAN AND ROBIN"
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I think I’ll list mine on the bay and start a bidding war