Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another scamming con man

Another scamming con man

Hi everyone

I've been contacted by a guy who replied to an ad on G*nstar who's just been ripped off for a lot of money. Link below to the ad but just replace the * with a u mods please let me know if this is not acceptable.

Anyway he contacted me out of the blue cause the seller had a copy of my driving licence that the seller was using as a false id.

https://www.g*nstar.co.uk/bsa-r10-mk...4#.X6MbZutJsDY

So some git I've traded with in the past has sold on my id and has used it to scam others. He also.had someone else's licence a female.

Anyway thought I'd give a heads up, the buyer has lost his money but has gone to the bank to see what they can do.

I'm guessing nothing can be done about my license, but it makes sales so difficult as ID is easily used by these rip off merchants.

Atb

Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post
    Hi everyone

I've been contacted by a guy who replied to an ad on G*nstar who's just been ripped off for a lot of money. Link below to the ad but just replace the * with a u mods please let me know if this is not acceptable.

Anyway he contacted me out of the blue cause the seller had a copy of my driving licence that the seller was using as a false id.

So some git I've traded with in the past has sold on my id and has used it to scam others. He also.had someone else's licence a female.

Anyway thought I'd give a heads up, the buyer has lost his money but has gone to the bank to see what they can do.

I'm guessing nothing can be done about my license, but it makes sales so difficult as ID is easily used by these rip off merchants.

Atb
    Possession of an article to commit fraud...... https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...%20any%20fraud.

Hi everyone

Atb
    This must be a matter for the police . ?

Thanks guys yes I'd like to stop this fella, I know where he got the id from it was originally a freeads enquiry where the fella seemed fishy so I reported him to freeads admin, who said they reported the seller to the authorities... I read into that they did nothing

But obviously the buyer in this case got caught hook, line and sinker and this can't continue. Not that I can help him much but how do I report this to the police as I have little to go on other than the ad. Can g*nstar give me his ip address to report this to the police as it seems that they hold the cards, but freeads did nothing obviously and wouldn't give me the bogus sellers ip to report and assist the police.

Any help appreciate as if we can give the buyer any assistance it would be good and police arrest this idiot conman seller.

Atb
    Last edited by kash2001; 05-11-2020 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Swype ��

hope you get it sorted bud

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    hope you get it sorted bud
    Thanks for the thoughts I've not lost any money, just trying to help this fella out.

IDs get stolen daily but I'd like to stop this criminal catching people out.

Atb

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l would report to the police, has that is the best you can do.

Hi everyone

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/bsa-r10-mk...4#.X6MbZutJsDY

Atb
    The fact the scumbag has your licence & another persons needs reporting to the police & to the DVLA, as does the fraud.

101 is a waste of space, unless you like waiting half an hour for someone to answer so I'd use your local force web site, most have a non urgent reply section.

PS, Gunstar is not prohibited on here

edit, there's a landline number in that link advert is that the scammer or innocent ? Edinburgh area code
    1/. that should help the police.
    2/. buyer should have noticed it claims gun is in south west but a Scottish phone number
    Last edited by angrybear; 05-11-2020 at 11:09 AM.

It seems there is a member on another forum that is using Ads from their sales section to scam people . almost every week there is a thread on a rifle or pistol that has been sold on the forum appearing in Gunstar even though the buyer or seller has still got the items and they are not for sale anywhere else .

The other forum has members suggesting a water mark on the pics as they ask for a piece of paper with a name and date to prove the seller really has the item but that is being cut out or the pic with it in is not used .

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The fact the scumbag has your licence & another persons needs reporting to the police & to the DVLA, as does the fraud.

101 is a waste of space, unless you like waiting half an hour for someone to answer so I'd use your local force web site, most have a non urgent reply section.

PS, Gunstar is not prohibited on here

edit, there's a landline number in that link advert is that the scammer or innocent ? Edinburgh area code
    1/. that should help the police.
    2/. buyer should have noticed it claims gun is in south west but a Scottish phone number

Thanks again everyone the seller is the scammer so the no. to call would be the criminals. I will look at the local police website but as I've not lost anything, only that my id is being used it'll probably not go far.

I will advise the dvla good point that. I'll email if I can, as I'm not prepared to sit on a phone for 2hrs.

The replies are much appreciated and I'll pass on the feedback to the buyer that's lost his money.

Atb

Looks like the page has been removed which I would image is frustrating to the buyer, as if reporting to police the visual reference is gone unless they request the back up info.

Still I'll try to sort my id but can't see it'll help others, but it shows that they have many various ways of conning and the buyer thought he'd got everything right.

I said to him I would only buy if they could produce a utility bill and landline and address. Then I call to see if its there house and that everything matches the house location. I would only pay via bacs anyway as pay pal is rubbish for this type of purchase.

If the seller isn't willing then I don't go ahead, we both have a choice in the transaction so it makes little difference to me if they pull out.

Atb

I would make the police aware incase you then get pulled for fraud.

Looks like the page has been removed which I would image is frustrating to the buyer, as if reporting to police the visual reference is gone unless they request the back up info.

Still I'll try to sort my id but can't see it'll help others, but it shows that they have many various ways of conning and the buyer thought he'd got everything right.

I said to him I would only buy if they could produce a utility bill and landline and address. Then I call to see if its there house and that everything matches the house location. I would only pay via bacs anyway as pay pal is rubbish for this type of purchase.

If the seller isn't willing then I don't go ahead, we both have a choice in the transaction so it makes little difference to me if they pull out.

Atb
    Page still works for me at 6.20pm

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I would make the police aware incase you then get pulled for fraud.
    Totally agree he is using your identity to commit fraud it is identity theft which the police should take seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Page still works for me at 6.20pm
    Almost 11pm and it still comes up for me .