Thread: Buying Royal Mail Tracked24 online

Buying Royal Mail Tracked24 online

First, thank you hatterboy for buying the scope and your understanding.

Hoping to make it easier for my wife when posting a scope I had sold via this forum, I bought and paid for ‘Tracked 24’ online at the Royal Mail website. My wife went to drop it off, to be told it has to be taken to the Sorting Office - yep, I didn’t read the website properly. Following morning I drove 15 miles to the Sorting Office, it closed a 10am. So next day I go again and successfully dropped it off.

Lesson learned, be sure the service you choose online can be dropped off at the local Post Office. In this case I used £12 of petrol just because I hoped to save my wife the hassle of paying for it in the Post Office, but worst of all was the delay in sending the scope - my apologies to hatterboy.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    as per this thread, it's worth using your local PO (and paying there) to keep them in business...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....34#post7941734
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

i always try to use my local post office

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    First, thank you hatterboy for buying the scope and your understanding.

Hoping to make it easier for my wife when posting a scope I had sold via this forum, I bought and paid for ‘Tracked 24’ online at the Royal Mail website. My wife went to drop it off, to be told it has to be taken to the Sorting Office - yep, I didn’t read the website properly. Following morning I drove 15 miles to the Sorting Office, it closed a 10am. So next day I go again and successfully dropped it off.

Lesson learned, be sure the service you choose online can be dropped off at the local Post Office. In this case I used £12 of petrol just because I hoped to save my wife the hassle of paying for it in the Post Office, but worst of all was the delay in sending the scope - my apologies to hatterboy.
    Also read the terms and conditions of the courier you are hoping to use as some will take items with glass in them but will not give insurance on it .

Hermes is one .

Detailed list of non-compensation items

Glass items or fragile items that contain glass parts (including kitchen appliances)

Yodel.
    They wont carry rifle stocks .

Firearms parts. This includes all component parts of firearms (e.g. rifle butts, trigger mechanisms, screws/bolts etc.) manufactured for the sole purpose of creating a functional firearm

Glassware and items containing glass. Note: Yodel does not accept liability for Glassware, unless otherwise authorised.

Always check their terms and conditions as it may save you losing out sending something they wont give compensation on or wont carry in the first place .

Yes I know JSR sends scopes via Hermes but they have a business account which allows things to be sent that the public cant .
    Last edited by bighit; 24-10-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Royal Mail also has restrictions on glass &/or items containing glass.

The answer is to read the terms/small print, but we all know men seem to have an aversion to reading terms, instructions, site stickies etc