Thread: Erma Werke model ELG 10

Erma Werke model ELG 10

Hi all i have a Emge for Webley & scott , modeled to look like a Winchester, it has a Hubetus 4x32 scope, serial num 000694 ,the barrel is marked made in West Germany Webley Ranger the left side with German manu, if anyone can give me any information on the air rifle ,would be appreciated .It is all working fine the condition is 90% , if anyone could tell me what they are worth, would be appreciatted.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They are very rare and worth quite alot, £400 to £500. They are collector's items and as they are high-quality pieces, they attract high prices. I think they are based on the rimfire ERMA used to make, I shot one of those in a gallery once, nice solid rifle.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-10-air-rifle/

Have a look at this old thread discussing the air rifle ...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....highlight=erma

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup, and the scope is probably worth at least a ton...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Erma elg 10.

Bringing up the subject of the above rifle again, i got tempted at a recent auction and bought another one, they are based on the 1894 Winchester.This one is not the Webley ranger model just the standard ELG 10.in ex.condition. I paid £420 with commission.I do have a boxed ranger model as i have said before as new with all docs. I paid around £650 for that ranger to good to miss in that condition. Super fun to shoot and to own.I am always very fussy in wiping down metal work after use, hate to see rust spots develop from sweaty hands on any of my guns, shot guns included.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow1 View Post
    Hi all i have a Emge for Webley & scott , modeled to look like a Winchester, it has a Hubetus 4x32 scope, serial num 000694 ,the barrel is marked made in West Germany Webley Ranger the left side with German manu, if anyone can give me any information on the air rifle ,would be appreciated .It is all working fine the condition is 90% , if anyone could tell me what they are worth, would be appreciatted.
    Did you recently acquire this gun from Holts? It sounds like the one an RFD colleague sold recently. If so a good bit of info should have come attached to the gun? May know a BT more about previous ownership.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    Did you recently acquire this gun from Holts? It sounds like the one an RFD colleague sold recently. If so a good bit of info should have come attached to the gun? May know a BT more about previous ownership.
    Cheers
    Dave

It is the one from Holts a few weeks ago. Hammer price was right at the top end of the market as you know and Hsing-ee has posted a link to the discussion we had about it

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    It is the one from Holts a few weeks ago. Hammer price was right at the top end of the market as you know and Hsing-ee has posted a link to the discussion we had about it
    Yes I thought it was there were over 100 airguns in that particular collection so my mind doesn’t remember them all.
    Sadly it was a youngish collector who died in his late 40’s and my mate was asked to help sell on the collection. At least his widow had a tidy price for it as all his airguns were in lovely condition.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

erma

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They are very rare and worth quite alot, £400 to £500. They are collector's items and as they are high-quality pieces, they attract high prices. I think they are based on the rimfire ERMA used to make, I shot one of those in a gallery once, nice solid rifle.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-10-air-rifle/

Have a look at this old thread discussing the air rifle ...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....highlight=erma
    yes i bought it from holts auction