Thread: Diana Mod 15 strip down, looking for help

Diana Mod 15 strip down, looking for help

Hi all, so I’ve started on my old 15 strip down and think it’s gone ok, but now I’m coming to reassemble and I’ve an question or 2 that I can’t seem to figure out!
    Images are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z0jcz210u...j6d0UA9Ga?dl=0

Image 110, 111 and 112 show the strip 111 and 112 are the bits I’m stuck with, the breakdown here https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24364/15/ shows assembly PW146 as 5 items but I’ve only 4 I’m sure I didn’t lose any bits so could have it been missing or a variant?

Also does it matter which way around the middle item goes in from pic 111/ 112, and have I them in the right order?

PW032 shows a bolt going in from the outside through the bung and washer but mine goes the other way in and not sure how to loosen off, any ideas please?

Finally any suggestions on wearing parts I should replace while it’s in bits?

Appreciate any help

Martin

Seems to me you have a rivet peened over on inside of piston. I'd try a 2 or 3 mm parallel punch from skirt end with seal end on a socket close to rivet head size.
    Have done a 16 but can't remember. Think your fifth, thin, washer is masked by seal buffer etc
    May have an old similar piston so will check tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Seems to me you have a rivet peened over on inside of piston. I'd try a 2 or 3 mm parallel punch from skirt end with seal end on a socket close to rivet head size.
    Have done a 16 but can't remember. Think your fifth, thin, washer is masked by seal buffer etc
    May have an old similar piston so will check tomorrow
    Cheers I’ll give this a go fingers crossed

Sorry forgot. Try again tomorrow.