Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 3 guns you wished you'd not sold-on...

Not a lot of point in jobbing backwards but on pure financial grounds I do regret selling my 3 Whiscombes. A JW65, a JW70 with .177 & .22 barrels and a JW80 FAC .22. In fairness I hated the JW80 but the other 2 were lovely guns.
    As I've said my regrets are only financial-the most I got for any of them was £1200. In terms of 'shootabliity' none of them were particularly outstanding. My currently owned Park 93 shoots every bit as well as any of them AND it only needs a single cock. Why a JW should today be 8 to10 times as valuable totally eludes me. On the triple grounds of performance, quality of build and rarity the Park is every bit as good. The JW80 I actively disliked especially having to cock the rifle 3 times to get 27 ft lb was a real pain. The Theoben Eliminator is a better gun in every way.
    On a more reasonable level I do regret selling a very nice Venom lazaglided Webley Longbow in .177 with a very neat walnut ambi stock and also a SFS Banshe in .177 (HW95 stage 3 tuned by SFS) although the Banshee went to a good friend who still uses and loves it many years later.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Blimey, it wasn't until I started looking at everyones' woes I realized how my airguns I have had!

No where near what some people have had I know but...

1> some Italian made break-barrel pistol
    2> BSA MK2 Meteor ( still have it but it's a bag of shit... possibly the worst rifle I have ever shot)
    3> BSA Super Meteor
    3> Relum Tornado ( still have it )
    4> G50 Pistol (ewwww)
    5> Sharps Ace
    6> HW 77K (Mk1) ( still have it )
    7> Rapid 7 Mk1 ( still have it )
    8> Falcon Light Hunter 8" (not the 12 as I thought earlier) lovely little gun
    9> Falco FN pistol
    10> Daystate PH6
    11> Daystate MK3
    12> Beeman P17 ( still have it )
    13> HW 75 pistol ( still have it )
    14> Airarms S200 with a prototype click-mag (sorry I let that go too)
    15> S&W 586 CO2 Power-Port (never seen another one anywhere--- I think it was a factory tuned version?????? Though I may be wrong)
    16> HW100 FSB K Sporter ( still have it )
    17> HW77 Tyrolean
    18>HW97K - Dipped ( still have it )

Plus a few Airsofters too... I think that's 'em all.
    "Every silver lining has a cloud!"

HW77K, Rapid 7 MKI . HW97Colt GC, S&W 686 (CO2) HW75 . HW100K FSB

In order of regret!

Airsporter S carbine .177 with great walnut stock.
    Airsporter RB2 Stutzen. 22
    Theoben Evo Walnut .22.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Not a lot of point in jobbing backwards but on pure financial grounds I do regret selling my 3 Whiscombes. A JW65, a JW70 with .177 & .22 barrels and a JW80 FAC .22. In fairness I hated the JW80 but the other 2 were lovely guns.
    As I've said my regrets are only financial-the most I got for any of them was £1200. In terms of 'shootabliity' none of them were particularly outstanding. My currently owned Park 93 shoots every bit as well as any of them AND it only needs a single cock. Why a JW should today be 8 to10 times as valuable totally eludes me. On the triple grounds of performance, quality of build and rarity the Park is every bit as good. The JW80 I actively disliked especially having to cock the rifle 3 times to get 27 ft lb was a real pain. The Theoben Eliminator is a better gun in every way.
    On a more reasonable level I do regret selling a very nice Venom lazaglided Webley Longbow in .177 with a very neat walnut ambi stock and also a SFS Banshe in .177 (HW95 stage 3 tuned by SFS) although the Banshee went to a good friend who still uses and loves it many years later.
    I agree on the park. I have a. 22 cal thumbhole stocked on and i love shooting it. Weight wise the whizzers were heavy guns also. My mate had the jb80 and that was a pig to cock. As you say why they are around 5k i dont know. And now we have lost john who can work on them to his standard now

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    In order of regret!

Airsporter S carbine .177 with great walnut stock.
    Airsporter RB2 Stutzen. 22
    Theoben Evo Walnut .22.
    OOOOOOOOOOooooooooow... A Stutzen... and you let that go!
    "Every silver lining has a cloud!"

HW77K, Rapid 7 MKI . HW97Colt GC, S&W 686 (CO2) HW75 . HW100K FSB

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOooooooooow... A Stutzen... and you let that go!
    I know!! They are comparatively common compared to the Airsporter S carbine though, especially in .177!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

My 3 regrets......

1st BSA Challenger Carbine in .22" and still boxed - my first air rifle sold to a local dealer when I discovered beer and cigarettes. Numpty!

2nd AA TX200HC; left handed action and beech stock in .177". I should have given it more of a chance but found the loading process a pain.

3rd= (the ones that got away) when I got back into shooting air rifles in the early noughties I was offered at good prices these two air rifles but was happy with my HW100. The first was an HW98, the second a left handed AA MPR when the stocks were still walnut.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    HW80 .25 in Cs800

Theoben Fenman (all of them)

Gat rifle
    You sold your Profile ???
    “An airgun or two”………

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Only one, a superb Mk. 1 Airsporter .22 ! Very good bluing and etching with a gorgeous dark “tiger stripe” stock with BSA stamp on butt.
    I know who still owns it and he loves it as much as I did !
    “An airgun or two”………

In 1982, my Dad refurbed a BSA Lincoln Jeffries, it was rusty with a broken stock. He polished it and had it nickel plated, he made a new stock from mahogany if I remember. To a 12 year old it was like a jewel. He sold it a few weeks later and I was in tears. I would love to know where it is now. Distinctive marks are all the sharp edges were filed and softened before polishing and plating.

My Dad died a few years ago and as he had re-married his Brocock went to someone. It looked like the S6 carbine but was a development model that my Dad had built with a chap from Brocock. It didn't have a single standard part on it. Handbuilt stock, top end barrel and hand made trigger mech. I tried to buy it in 2017 with no luck.

Not a great seller of my airguns but the one I wish a never sold was my AA Mistral. I simple gun and not in the realms of what some get shot of but I would like another one one day.........dom

2 Guns

I have 2 that I regret selling, a WIN model 88 in .308 and a Colt .22 Single Six. I really miss both of those guns which were excellent in quality and fun to shoot.

I regret selling (well swapping actually for an Airsporter) the .22 BSA Super Meteor which was my first airgun and bought by my parents for my 12th birthday - it cost £18.50 and £6.60 for the BSA 4x20 scope. Fired literally tens of thousands of pellets through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    I regret selling (well swapping actually for an Airsporter) the .22 BSA Super Meteor which was my first airgun and bought by my parents for my 12th birthday - it cost £18.50 and £6.60 for the BSA 4x20 scope. Fired literally tens of thousands of pellets through it.
    Interesting, I still have my .22 Super Meteor, in box with BSA target holder, targets, pelgun oil, bought new in late 60's £14.50 , Nikon 4x20 scope £4.50 & gun bag £?? Many hours happy use, about 8-9/10 condition.
    Regret letting go as new Webley hurricane with scope in 1978, swooped for few weeks old Crossman 1377, in box, still have Crossman.

Venom 177 HW77K 25mm Lazer

Original 45 (22 and 177)

Diana 52 Thumbhole 177 (Original stock) V Mach stage 1
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34