Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3 guns you wished you'd not sold-on...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    My three-

A very early BSA superstar
    A very early TX200 mk1

Both bought a few weeks after launch, eventually sold, the first to fund the second, then the TX went to fund a AA310 in a nice walnut stock- and the one that upsets me the most-

A B&M Bullpupped TX200 MK2. May as well have been a laser in a nice walnut stock!
    I remember your bull pup TX, yes I bet you regret selling it !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

dilemma

im just not able , theres just toooooooooo many !

HW100S with A&M - I sold it back in early 2015 because I decided to embark upon a mission to find a better PCP. It’s late 2020 and I’m still looking. Nothing I’ve owned/shot comes close.

Can’t think of another 2. So instead.... I really didn’t regret selling my Rapid mk2 or my SFS Imp.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    In order:

1. TX200 mk3 in .177
    2. S400 with gorgeous walnut stock.
    3. Marlin 1894 cowboy in .357 magnum.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    After reading this thread it reminded me of my HW97UK. I sold it last year to go toward funding our move to France.
    It is a 97k in .22 that I shortened by a couple of inches and had reblacked. I had also worked on the internals and dressed it in a stone laminate CS800 stock, one of only two ever made.
    This gun was a real one off and I knew at the time I would regret selling, but needs must and all that.

[IMG][/IMG]

Fast forward to last week and reading this thread brought back all the pain and feelings of loss. I contacted the guy who bought it and asked if he wanted to sell. He hadn't used it so was happy to move it on. As a bonus my wife has bought it for me for Christmas, that way I can never sell it again!

It will likely be next year before I can get back to the Uk to collect it, but I am happy it's coming home.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

What a lovely story, Nick, and a most fantastic outcome.

And very well done to that top lady, Mrs Bum.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

That’s a cracking looking rifle you’ve got back there.

I’m noticing a HW77/97 and TX shaped pattern starting to emerge here.
    I’ve been putting it off for a couple of decades, but I think I finally need one of these highly-regarded fixed barrels in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    After reading this thread it reminded me of my HW97UK. I sold it last year to go toward funding our move to France.
    It is a 97k in .22 that I shortened by a couple of inches and had reblacked. I had also worked on the internals and dressed it in a stone laminate CS800 stock, one of only two ever made.
    This gun was a real one off and I knew at the time I would regret selling, but needs must and all that.

[IMG][/IMG]

Fast forward to last week and reading this thread brought back all the pain and feelings of loss. I contacted the guy who bought it and asked if he wanted to sell. He hadn't used it so was happy to move it on. As a bonus my wife has bought it for me for Christmas, that way I can never sell it again!

It will likely be next year before I can get back to the Uk to collect it, but I am happy it's coming home.
    The stone laminate stock sounds very nice

1. TX200 .22, Wonky Donky insides
    2. TX200 .177
    3. TX200HC .177

Think I should have learnt my lesson by now.

Oh, and a .177 Pro Sport!

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    My Shinsung Career707 with DM80 (Dave's) awesome custom made silencer and my Alros Trailsman not a day goes by when I don't regret selling them but I was unemployed at the time and had to eat

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    HW45 in .177 in the early 90s. I did get another in 2010, but it's in .22 as HC had run out of .177 at the time. Still want another.
    Was it the Dual Power one by any chance Tony? I had one but was never sure if the Dual Powered one was available in .22 as I've never owned a .22 air pistol. Actually, I add that HW45 to my list of regrets. I'm such a Numpty!!

More than three, but:-
    Mint Bonehill Brittania
    Wesley Richards pistol boxed
    My FWB 300S of 30 years.

I only tend to sell guns I have duplicates for so no real regrets there, one I do really miss and it hits a nerve is a wonky donky early HW77K .22 action lost in transit via Hermes.

It just felt good and with his tuning it was virtually recoilless, had a ding dong with Hermes about it, I rang virtually every Hermes distribution centre but it never resurfaced for me..
    1970 FWB 300 - FWB 127 Sport - HW80 1983 - 1984 HW77K - HW30S - HW35 - AIRMASTERS 77FTS
    TX200 Mk2 .22 - TX200 Mk2 .177 - TX200SR Mk1 .177 Walnut - PROSPORT.177

Quote Originally Posted by career707lover View Post
    Was it the Dual Power one by any chance Tony? I had one but was never sure if the Dual Powered one was available in .22 as I've never owned a .22 air pistol. Actually, I add that HW45 to my list of regrets. I'm such a Numpty!!
    Yes, that .177 was dual power. I seem to remember that the .177 had the dual power facility from day one? The .22 "benefitted" from this feature later. Not sure when, though. My 2010 one most certainly is. To my mind it is pretty much a superfluous feature, as the POI varies so much on the different settings due to the differing recoil characteristics and amplitude.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!