Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valuation

Valuation

Any ideas of a valuation for a Kral Puncher Breaker Walnut in .22 calibrate.
    Realistic private sales and trade in value, thank you.
    I have already been insulted at Wirral guns!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Generally speaking, 60% of new for a private sale on here, unless it's boxed and unused. Big hit but that's the way it is. Trade in? Depends if they are seen as sought after- if yes 55% if not 45%
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

The correct answer to this is usually "not as much as you hope it is" unless it is collectable or particularly sought after.
    Sorry, Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

have to agree with tony t on this one on price,gun shops offer you very little

also don't forget that you might feel insulted by the shops offer but remember they can get them in at a trade price so they will not pay more than they can get a new one for and they have to make a profit otherwise they will not in business

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    Any ideas of a valuation for a Kral Puncher Breaker Walnut in .22 calibrate.
    Realistic private sales and trade in value, thank you.
    I have already been insulted at Wirral guns!
    On Guntrader new £375-£425 so used probably £250-£280 private, £200-£220 trade in depending what you're buying.

Having said that it also depends what the market is like in the area, covid restrictions aren't going to help, neither is the time of year.

I wouldn't describe a trade offer as an insult,to state the the obvious, they have to be able to pay themselves.
    Were you in the Ellesmere Port store at the time?.
    Last time I asked for a trade offer the shop refused to give me a price for a gun I'd bought from them new.

i sold a gun about 5 years ago to a gun shop ,the price was not the best but it was not getting used so i sold it,next day it was in the window for double what i got for it never again

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    On Guntrader new £375-£425 so used probably £250-£280 private, £200-£220 trade in depending what you're buying.

Having said that it also depends what the market is like in the area, covid restrictions aren't going to help, neither is the time of year.
    I'd agree with you, I sold a near new one for £250 a couple of years ago. Best thing to do is to try on here. Trouble with them is the damage the earlier ones did to their reputation. I think Turkish guns in general are 'when they are good they are very very good and when they are bad they are horrid!!'

restrictions are stopping a lot of face to face deals

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    The correct answer to this is usually "not as much as you hope it is" unless it is collectable or particularly sought after.
    Sorry, Rich.
    So true but I did well once, had more for my Webley Axsor than I asked for on several airgun forums.
    No one was interested, traded it in and got a good deal.

I’m not usually that lucky with air rifles new or second hand, always end up paying full price and loose on them.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    I wouldn't describe a trade offer as an insult,to state the the obvious, they have to be able to pay themselves.
    Were you in the Ellesmere Port store at the time?.
    Last time I asked for a trade offer the shop refused to give me a price for a gun I'd bought from them new.
    Yes and yes it was an insult, I braved a low risk area and ventured into a higher risk area.

As someone else stated on this post the first Kral Puncher Breakers had issues and changes have been made since. They kept calling it a mark one and also stated they were “in the know”.
    Doing a little research it’s unclear if Kral have ever made or stated a MK1/2/3/4 designation for Puncher Breaker however that needs conformation from Kral.

There’s four airguns that I might be buying, one of which is no longer in the list (changed for a dearer rifle) and I might have walk out of there with two of them.

Just need to find a dealer to deal with and I get on with that’s in a low covid risk area, difficult times.

What annoys me is when you order an air rifle and collect your about 999th person to get your paws on it!
    Last edited by norris; 29-10-2020 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Adding to post

Your last sentence has me a little confused,but if a dealer can't be bothered to wipe over new or used stock it's a poor state of affairs.
    Is your purchase urgent enough to warrant driving that distance?

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    Yes and yes it was an insult, I braved a low risk area and ventured into a higher risk area.

As someone else stated on this post the first Kral Puncher Breakers had issues and changes have been made since. They kept calling it a mark one and also stated they were “in the know”.
    Doing a little research it’s unclear if Kral have ever made or stated a MK1/2/3/4 designation for Puncher Breaker however that needs conformation from Kral.

There’s four airguns that I might be buying, one of which is no longer in the list (changed for a dearer rifle) and I might have walk out of there with two of them.

Just need to find a dealer to deal with and I get on with that’s in a low covid risk area, difficult times.

What annoys me is when you order an air rifle and collect your about 999th person to get your paws on it!
    if your not happy with hat price the shop is offering you could always put it up for sale at your asking price see if sells that way -just a thought?? save you risking it and driving around looking to the best price

I would be interested to know what the insulting trade in price you are offered was. I can't see any dealer offering you more than £100-150 on it and only then if you are spending a big sum on something else at the time.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)