Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Valuation

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    "Interesting Vic, there are some businesses that operate on a 3% or even less, profit margin."

Yes there are, but only those who can turn their investment over many times a week or so.

The business that I was involved with had a gross turnover of £3000 to £12000 pw with maybe a net return of around £800 + pw on average : not a great amount to pay three peoples wages on (or maybe it is in your estimation) ?

And that includes one person who didn't get paid, ie, me.

Vic Thompson.
    I was merely stating some business work on a low profit margin which is dependent on turnover.
    No criticism of your business was intended Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    Quite a few dealers sell KRAL air rifles so I wouldn't personally say there were an unpopular make. Also there's the Webley Mastiff and I wouldn't have thought that the AA410 (as good as it is and with the excellent service AA provide) these days is that popular?
    Quite a few dealers might stock Kral whether or not they sell is a completely different matter
    Either way I doubt many buyers looking for a pre-owned first pcp would know the name or company, & Turkish rifles are still fighting an iffy reputation.

Feel free to change AA410 for any other similar level rifle, it was the first that came to mind as a popular seller, from a well known company
    Does Airgun world still list the top selling rifles each month ? I was always shocked how few were actually sold.

So do we ever get an idea of this "insulting" trade in offer ? or were our estimates pretty much bang on

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Quite a few dealers might stock Kral whether or not they sell is a completely different matter
    Either way I doubt many buyers looking for a pre-owned first pcp would know the name or company, & Turkish rifles are still fighting an iffy reputation.

Feel free to change AA410 for any other similar level rifle, it was the first that came to mind as a popular seller, from a well known company
    Does Airgun world still list the top selling rifles each month ? I was always shocked how few were actually sold.

So do we ever get an idea of this "insulting" trade in offer ? or were our estimates pretty much bang on
    What’s the point of stocking an item that doesn’t sell?

Doesn’t make any business sense, well to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

Your quote was what thought but weren’t offered anywhere near that.
    They had some excuse about the valve stem being dodgy and needing to be replaced.
    It’s exactly the same as what’s in the present Puncher Breakers and the gun works faultlessly.

All they have done is scratched the metal work, dented the stock and creased the pages of the manual to devalue even more.

Having read this thread I’m not sure where it’s going? If anywhere!!

I don’t think the lads on here are trying to catch you out by asking what was offered?

Why not put it up for sale on here, job done. Then buy from anywhere you want.

Steve

Back to the Port,a used pcp of any make, that might realise as much as £300 over the counter?.

To buy in? around £100.

Ok, you were hoping to get the £200-220 mark from what I can gather. And are coy about what you were offered instead.

So if they didn't offer you what you wanted, sell it privately and if you get more for it than £220 you are winning.

I still think that £100-150 trade in is more than reasonable.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

That's generous if McAvoys' website is up to date.

£360-460 brand new,presumably with some form of warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by SCW22 View Post
    Having read this thread I’m not sure where it’s going? If anywhere!!

I don’t think the lads on here are trying to catch you out by asking what was offered?

Why not put it up for sale on here, job done. Then buy from anywhere you want.

Steve
    I have no idea where this thread is going but at least we’ve had a laugh in these depressing times.

My question of a valuation for my worthless piece of junk has been answer and was what I thought.

As the thread progressed I thought someone would suggest I needed to pay a huge sum of money for someone to take it off my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    That's generous if McAvoys' website is up to date.

£360-460 brand new,presumably with some form of warranty.
    How can they sell air rifles as cheap as they do?

DAI and Solware can’t, based on the air rifles that I have been considering excluding the price of the Puncher Breaker.

I paid more than £460 for it in 2017 from a nearby dealer.

Thanks for the replies!

DAI and Solware can’t, based on the air rifles that I have been considering excluding the price of the Puncher Breaker.

From experience they probably dont have them in stock. In general I've found mcavoys quite shoddy, had me on a 2 hour wasted journey a couple of years ago. Anyone can advertise dirt cheap guns that dont exist.

If a RFD goes bust and another shop buys their stock for pennies they can put out the rifles for less .

Your local dealer will have bought it from the importer at a wholesale price, they then add their own mark up & put it on the shelf,
    A larger mail order dealer might put on a smaller mark up so they sell it "cheap" & by doing so will hope to sell far more units,
    if they have a large turn over of stock they can also probably get a bit of discount off the wholesaler so they buy it in for less than another dealer pays.

A huge mail order seller ignores the UK importer & deals direct with the manufacturer, if they have enough clout they might even become the new UK importer

What you paid is immaterial, when it is available new for £360 that is the figure the used value must be judged against.

We don't want it.

Were the words used the only time I asked a dealer for a buy in price.