Thread: Low power output on a new airarms 510 "r" ultima in .177 cal

Low power output on a new airarms 510 "r" ultima in .177 cal

Subject now closed. As he was hoping for some enlightenment. NOT lectures
    Last edited by metalmickey; 28-10-2020 at 10:35 AM. Reason: CLOSE THREAD PLEASE

If the gun is new and still under warranty then your friend should take the issue up with the dealer the gun was bought from who may send it back to AA for attention.
    Mind you ... they may not take kindly to your friend having fiddled with the AT system and may claim the warranty is now void.
    Sorry, but that could be how things are. Worth a try ....
    Cheers, Phil

PS you don't have to use big bold text to grab our attention .....

Sounds like the regulator pressure is on the low side, their regs are just w##k.

Dave.

The POINT of an anti tamper is you DON'T tamper with it.

As stated, if it is evident you have, then the manufacturer would be well within their rights to void the warranty and invite one to foxtrot oscar.

The power could have been tested at the shop and either accepted or rejected.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

No need to shout, MM. Nowadays, if I'd bought an expensive product & found it lacking, I'd return it to the shop/manufacturer before p'ing about with it...

Few years back, bought a faulty new gun from a v famous maker, tried tinkering with it. Luckily, with the support of the dealer, got it repaired. Should have sent it back straight away.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

The QC slips with new BSAs have amused at times,power levels being too high.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I do find it a little strange that anyone would pay a premium for a brand new rifle, and then potentially invalidate the warranty by trying to fix it themselves...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

10.2 ft lbs is within optimal power range for me, but I’m open to other opinions?