Thread: HW77 25mm .22 tuning kit information.

HW77 25mm .22 tuning kit information.

Hi Friends

Some advice please.
    Recently I bought a 85-91 HW77 long stroke .22 with 25mm internals. Serial number 1141455. A friend has taken the gun apart finding the breach seal,piston head and spring need replacing.
    He recomended a spring make but he couldn't remember the makers name LOL. Describing the spring as black coated in grease and supplied in a tube LOL.
    He recomended buying the parts from Hul Cartridge. Normally I would have ordered a V-Mach kit and my buddy would have fitted and tuned.
    He said he would make the guide and top hat. I was hoping my buddy a retired gun smith would have spares or obtain the parts. Should I buy individual parts as suggested from HC or try and obtain a V-Mach kit if I can find one or buy a different make kit but from where.
    I'm not keen on waiting weeks for delivery because of the plague. The gun is in bits at my buddies house.
    Any suggestions please.

Hw77

Ser no 114 makes it a 1988 model. You can try Venomman on here for a VMach kit. Others available are our own TBT and you can also try Sandwell Field Sports to mention a few. If you want to return to original spec then chambers stock HW spares so no need to go to HC for them. Mach 1.5

Thank you Mach
    I will try to contact both your two suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Ser no 114 makes it a 1988 model. You can try Venomman on here for a VMach kit. Others available are our own TBT and you can also try Sandwell Field Sports to mention a few. If you want to return to original spec then chambers stock HW spares so no need to go to HC for them. Mach 1.5
    Yep.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I've found a V-Mach kit.

I'm fixed up now.
    Thank you for your help.

Good choice. Two of my three 25mm 77s have V-Mach kits in them and are excellent and shoot like lasers.

Do let us know how it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    In my experience with Airsporter springs, the ones supplied by chambers are not OEM, I think they get them made. Could be the same for their HW ones too. I wasn't that impressed.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Good choice. Two of my three 25mm 77s have V-Mach kits in them and are excellent and shoot like lasers.

Do let us know how it works out for you.
    Very nice of you I would love to.
    Last edited by William Tell; 05-11-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Amended