Thread: Shot/powder flasks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shot/powder flasks

Hi being new to muzzle loading I wonder what all you muzzle loaders carry your shot/powder in when off to a shoot? I do know not to pour the powder into the barrel straight from a flask.
    Thanks.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    These days I use pre-loaded phials which fit nicely in an MTM cartridge box. When I did use flasks I just put them (empty) in my shooting box. It is not advised to leave powder sitting in flasks and anyway they tend to leak.

I have observed shot flasks carried on a lanyard around their necks.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Views

Wow 71 views and it looks as if we are the only two muzzle loaders,
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I used to get 35mm film containers free from photo developers which were handy for pre-measured powder and shot + wads, though I guess they don’t develop many films these days....
    I also have a shot flask. If using a powder flask I never pour straight into the barrel, I decant it into a brass adjustable measure first , then put it in the barrel. Unfortunately I don’t shoot M/L shotgun as much as I once did. If you’re after anything let me know - I have loads of shot, wads, and the odd measure and gun....

I pre measure powder into centrifuge phials and store them in an MTM ammo box (.357),ball is stored in a leather bag but my pistol is a .44 pietta so I can't imagine putting many of those into a shot flask.

Hope you are enjoying shooting powder, I have been doing it about 7 years now and thoroughly enjoy it.

ATB Neil
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Muzzle loading

Yep just has something about it! Not for cold weather though.