Thread: Powder funnel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had saturn funnels for three cals and there is no question they were all good, but very delicate and prone to deforming.

I created a more consistent/better balanced funnel using a well worn old plastic funnel, a sacrificial case and some metal putty.
    A little time with the dremmel tool, some acetone (nail polish remover) to smooth the finish, and it fitted better than anything else I've used.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    I treated myself to an Area419 funnel set a few years ago and it's excellent. Bloomin pricey but it's really nice to use.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    I treated myself to an Area419 funnel set a few years ago and it's excellent. Bloomin pricey but it's really nice to use.
    I'll bet it is. Those guys seriously over ngineer stuff. Have you seen their $1200 turret press?

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    I'll bet it is. Those guys seriously over ngineer stuff. Have you seen their $1200 turret press?

It's aluminium. It doesn't appeal to be honest.
    Give me my cast iron Forster co-ax any day.
    To destroy a people, you must first sever their roots. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

An inexpensive LEE or Lyman will do the trick. I have Saturn versions and I've seen more powder stuck to them than the Lee although the quality and engineering is a country mile better.
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

I have Lee powder funnel sitting unused as I have stopped reloading.