Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it collecting or hording?

How would the gentlemen of the Collectors section class someone who only ever buys guns and has never sold one ? --- asking for a friend of course.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    How would the gentlemen of the Collectors section class someone who only ever buys guns and has never sold one ? --- asking for a friend of course.
    This is a process called sequestration, not legal but scientific.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile_acid_sequestrant

Money, space and maintenance requirements would prohibit this for most people.

Loaded

Sorry bad pun... I'll shut up now

Mick your 'friend' meets the very definition of hoarder.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    This is a process called sequestration, not legal but scientific.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile_acid_sequestrant

Money, space and maintenance requirements would prohibit this for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Loaded

Sorry bad pun... I'll shut up now

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Mick your 'friend' meets the very definition of hoarder.

Bugger --- it looks like his wife was right.

Bugger --- it looks like his wife was right.
    She’s a bright lady ... pass on my best

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    She’s a bright lady ... pass on my best
    Ah, but she has a lot to put up with, Gav.

With "my friend" collecting brass blow lamps, Chainsaws, Ploughs and Tractors, she hardly notices all the guns.

Good job you’re “friend “ has a big man cave

A friend of mine collects old Norwegian bicycles. In the shed, and in the yard, and wherever he can put his last aquisition.

I told his wife about my air rifle addiction, and her reply was "they dont take up much room as bicycles, do they"

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    A friend of mine collects old Norwegian bicycles. In the shed, and in the yard, and wherever he can put his last aquisition.

I told his wife about my air rifle addiction, and her reply was "they dont take up much room as bicycles, do they"

The most interesting collector I ever came across was an old Yorkshire farmer who I sold some farm equipment to in the early 1980s --- since World War 2 he'd been collecting Sherman Tanks.

At first I thought he was a bit of a nutter until he explained that his collection had paid for itself many times over.
    Whenever a World War 2 film was made he'd hire out his fleet of Shermans to the film producers and he and his ex Tanky mates would go out and drive them.
    In effect him and his mates got paid to go on all inclusive holidays and ride about in tanks.

All the best Mick

similar to the entusiats who run & supply 50/60/70's car to TV production company's . In 80's attended bike/car rally in Greenhead park Huddersfield, one guy had mid 60's ford zephyr, black ex North Yorkshire police, seen many times On TV's Heartbeat, Endevour etc , from memory C or D reg, original plate used, paid for its keep, also mid 60's white police Ford Anglia been in both