Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
When I started collecting I had limited funds available so decided to concentrate on Webley's, they being British manufacturers, but have deviated to a few other makers along the way, although not to any great extent.
My intention was to build a collection that would satisfy my interest and also appreciate in value as an additional pension fund, hence the purchase of multiple examples from various sources, such as Freeads in the eighties, and some from the adverts in the airgun magazines, and later on as funds became more plentiful I bought several collections from now defunct down gun shops and other private collectors, as well as some from this site. I also had contacts in some local gun shops, all of which have now gone, who would let me know if anything interesting came in, and I purchased a few worthwhile items over the years.
I haven't bought much for the past twenty years, so most prices were a lot lower than they are now, which meant my 'pension Fund' idea has borne fruit.
I'm currently disposing of my collection earlier than intended due to ill health, as I would like to sell most of it while I am still able to occasionally get items down from my loft, which is not every day, and still able to carry items to the Post Office once a week.
I suppose one could say I've 'Hoarded' a lot of guns but that was intentionally done for reasons already outlined.
Until Peter started Kempton Arms fairs I had never attended any fairs, and have only attended two of them, and had never ever attended a boot sale or bought from an auction.
On occasion I've gone to a lot of effort and travelled fair distances to obtain Webley items I've been keen on, but that's part of the collecting bug, and I've enjoyed it.
Thanks to you and your efforts, a lot of us on here have some exceptional Webleys and related items.