Thread: Edgun Leishy 2

Edgun Leishy 2

Anyone using this either in 12FPE or FAC?

Presuming the 350mm barrel is the better choice for the longer shot.

The other main rifle I am considering is the switch barrel Impact in FAC inc. slugs. Just feel it has more modularity and a wider range of modular components to choose from
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

AAR did a review on this on YouTube
    There was a noticable difference in accuracy at 40m with the longer barrel, but only in that it went from really accurate to bloody accurate! It was impressive.

What I don't understand though is how it's legal with the short barrel. I thought the barrel had to be 12" and the overall length 24"

Yes I watched that too. Hence my enquiry for hands on reports.

I had a heft of an Impact the other day as I was vaguely considering one, being as the Rapid's quite a lump on a long walk.

Surprisingly heavy for how minimal it looks, & for me extremely uncomfortable in the shoulder.

Obviously I need a more comfortable sling for the Rapid

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I had a heft of an Impact the other day as I was vaguely considering one, being as the Rapid's quite a lump on a long walk.

Surprisingly heavy for how minimal it looks, & for me extremely uncomfortable in the shoulder.

Obviously I need a more comfortable sling for the Rapid
    Wow. I feel the exact opposite. Very narural, pointable, light and fast. The rapid is much heavier and nose heavy and long?

Impact any over a Rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    AAR did a review on this on YouTube
    There was a noticable difference in accuracy at 40m with the longer barrel, but only in that it went from really accurate to bloody accurate! It was impressive.

What I don't understand though is how it's legal with the short barrel. I thought the barrel had to be 12" and the overall length 24"
    This seems to be a commonly held misbelief amongst airgunners. The portion of the Firearms Act that mentions those lengths specifically excludes airguns but it seems airgunners are incapable of learning this.

I have a Rapid and yes, it can be a bit heavy, but so is my Airwolf. I've been waiting for an honest layman's review of the Leishy 2 as it sparked my interest as soon as I saw the photos.
    However, my cousin has an Impact 2 and to be honest, it's noisy, clunky and it leaked from brand new, they're nothing special for the price tag as far as I can see. He's the production manager for a very expensive brand of British air rifle too, and I often get the impression that he's trying to justify his decision to buy the Impact.
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But It's The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese !!

really interesting thread on the other airgun forum , a few issues with it at sub 12 ft lb apparently and concerns with the safety catch.

does look bloody lovely though

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksy View Post
    I have a Rapid and yes, it can be a bit heavy, but so is my Airwolf. I've been waiting for an honest layman's review of the Leishy 2 as it sparked my interest as soon as I saw the photos.
    However, my cousin has an Impact 2 and to be honest, it's noisy, clunky and it leaked from brand new, they're nothing special for the price tag as far as I can see. He's the production manager for a very expensive brand of British air rifle too, and I often get the impression that he's trying to justify his decision to buy the Impact.
    My 1st HFT rifles was a Rapid 17 in a tiger maple stock.
    I had an Air Wolf which was quiet and accurate but hell it was heavy to lug around. So off it went. Plus it was the time that they were back feeding pellets into the bolt housing and jamming when hunting on a frequent basis is unacceptable to me.
    I have a rapid now in .22 but it isnt my favourite gun.

The impact was rushed out to early before the bugs were identified. But then most manufacturers do this... Daystate, Air Arms and BSA being good examples.

I dont think the Impact has these issues now. I have tried a few and its not struck me as heavy compared to Air Wolf/Rapid/HW100 etc. Nor have I found them clunky or noisy. The opposite. With the telescopic tube (depending on model) it was exceptionally quiet even moreso than the air Wolf which was exceptional.

I am looking for an FAC compact bullpup rifle for pest control preferably with folding or sectional stock so the Impact and the Leishy are of interest.

The Leishy is of interest in that no cocking is required between shots but the Impact is still the gun I am leaning towards.

Looked at the Daystate Delta Wolf (silly name) but in sub 12, I am concerned that the gun is "capable" of going over accidentally or deliberately if you do not programme the settings correctly. Plus it isnt a folding stock as far as I have seen to date. I think this raises an interesting dilema iro great adjustability V's legal definitions which are strict and rigid in their meaning. But thats another debate entirely

i remember the first impact that come out my mate had tons of problems with it,but ive heard they have sorted them issues out now,ive the p15 and for the price of the gun after having work done to it its faultless

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i remember the first impact that come out my mate had tons of problems with it,but ive heard they have sorted them issues out now,ive the p15 and for the price of the gun after having work done to it its faultless
    Yes because they didnt sort the bugs out first. Air Arms have done the same with pretty much all their high end guns... RN10, Protarget the 900.... BSA R10 mk1....Daystate have had production issues...... you get the picture.