Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious about the Webley C1 stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks for the advice Chaps, I am not really a purist as regards details... it seems a stock ,ay have been found, it will be a nice project over winter. As for an action there is no rush-will any Vulcan fit this? I will keep an eye on fleabay for further parts...
    Ther are two different back blocks for the action, one is the square Excel/Victor/C1 type, and the other is the rounded Vulcan type.

Thanks evert, I really had no idea, I will have to get a book or something. Already this is complicated before it starts with different barrel widths and now block shapes!

The C1 uses the flat block from the Victor.

As you can see in mallyally’s picture, early ones had no safety catch, later ones did.

Early ones have the near-straight trigger (same as the early Vulcan). Later ones have the curly trigger seen on later Vulcans.

Thanks Geezer, I think I will use what I can find and call it close enough. As a casual admirer of he design I am sure that this will be fine and I have wanted one since I first saw it. Its just surprising that so many people seem to have or had one! Makes one wonder what else is out there!

Just a quick question for the experts on Webley... are Webley air rifles/pistols dateable by their number? I have lists for BSA and Weirauch so did Webley do the same?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gamocfx; 01-11-2020 at 04:56 PM.