Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
I've had a couple of C1's in the past. Loved the idea of the design, but found the stock quite uncomfortable.

The C1 stock has very little drop at the heel, which is very effective in controlling recoil in such a light and powerful springer (I.e., the recoil comes straight into your shoulder, which helps in not lifting the muzzle). But in order to do this, the grip area has to be nearly horizontal. The stock may have been inspired by the old lever-actions, but those old stocks have significantly more drop at the heel, and more slope to the grip.

The last version of the C1, with the curved, more set back trigger blade, was much better but still tough on my wrists.

So when making a new stock...my advice would be to keep a careful eye on heights, angles, trigger position, and other ergonomic details.
Exactly my experience, and mine is an early one with the straighter trigger blade.

Gamocfx: the main challenge in building a “bitsa” C1 may be less finding a stock, then getting hold of a 14” narrow barrel, as opposed to the 17.5” narrow barrel used on the Mk1 Vulcan and the Victor or the later thicker barrel 19” on the Vulcan or 11” (plus muzzle weight) on the Mk3 Vulcan carbines. The last would be a good choice in many ways, but good luck finding one.