Thread: Artemis p15 vs rti priest mk1

Artemis p15 vs rti priest mk1

Artemis p15
    Rti priest mk1
    In good used condition,of the two,which would you choose and why?

ive never used the priest but i own the p15 tuned by mark dempsey and his shroude on it,i cant fault the gun nice and light and shoots spot on i use the darko mags in mine much better then the mags that come with it and fitted a new cheek piece lovely gun

Hands down rti priest I’ve had one .177 awesome cz barrel
    few of the mates have owned p15 and had problems with accuracy
    all I’ve heard is trouble from the p15 with accuracy issues ( I know you can get that with anything ) they do look ok but maybe haveing to probably spend extra £££ to get a p15 how you want it doesn’t make sense
    Just my personal opinion on them a p15 what’s been sorted will be fine you might be lucky and get a good one from new
    but always try to test anything before you buy

i have a heavily modded p15 and it shots mint and just bought a .177 priest so cant wait to compare

when i bought the p15 it had already had all the mods done to it,ive a lot of expensive guns in my collection and this holds its own with any of them

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    when i bought the p15 it had already had all the mods done to it,ive a lot of expensive guns in my collection and this holds its own with any of them
    I bought mine 2nd hand but as now. Polished bore with autosol. Set reg to correct pressure. Added Dempsey shroud. It's laser accurate.
    At 350 for rifle, bipod, bag, 2x3d printed mags as well as original I was happy. Used 20 pence worth of autosol and around one or two hrs polishing the bore and it's fettled.
    Shroud was £65 posted. I added a JB3D adjustable butt for 30 quid.
    By my maths that is £445 all in for a superb little rifle.
    Just to note... I polish all my barrels but for piece of mind I did that bit extra on the smk...

I don't know what the priest costs but that's what it costs to get the smk up to very high standard, very quiet and comfy for my shooting position
    Edit... 999 quid for a priest. It won't do anything that my smk can't do. Get two p15s in two calibres instead. A grand for an air rifle is a disgrace. Especially one so rudimentary

totaly agree with you bud

I've a sorted P15 and ve had the priest 2 .....different kettle of fishFishtoft behonest
    I think first priest had a few minor leak issues that were sorted in the mk2 I couldn't fault the priest apart from the mags stick up in your cheek and the cocking lever on the wrong side (OK if benchesting)
    The P15 isn't worth the new cost price because quality is hit and miss (I'd get the new zbrioa kozak) butf you drop on one cheap go for it ,
    I was really lucky picking up the new type with metal mags , it had the breach redone in brass and barrel cropped and crowned for £230
    Ragged hole @30m and under a 5p @50m (.22) love it .......
    the barrel was shortened so when a proper silencer is screwed on its the same length as the cylinder, a delrin insert on the hammer face
    plus a depinger that work it's really quiet

sounds good bud

Wink RTI Priest 1 valve leak

Has anyone had a problem with the RTI Priest main valve. Just acquired one and when firing it gives a nasty little pop and puff of air from the hammer/valve area.
    Is this a common thing or am i just unlucky
    Apart from this it's a cracking rifle.
    Even i can hit a target😁😃

my mate has had no issues with his

rti pop

Quote Originally Posted by broke again View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with the RTI Priest main valve. Just acquired one and when firing it gives a nasty little pop and puff of air from the hammer/valve area.
    Is this a common thing or am i just unlucky
    Apart from this it's a cracking rifle.
    Even i can hit a target����
    The mk1 do that nothing wrong with it

Weird how these two guns are comparable by someone, bit like comparing a Trabant and an M5

Oh and you can buy spares for the m5

Ive had two new p15’s snd both riddled with faults, tried buying parts but importer wont supply parts to service/maintain, enough said. Never owned an RTI but have had 15mins with a new one at the range, Id say mechanical and accurate. Id think the prophet sidelever nicer to use, Im kinda conventional and thought the RTI looked weird but the accuracy downrange is what matters and that priest stacked pellets even with me at the wheel

Id take a compact for a spin no worries
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

RTI Priest 1 valve leak

Spoke too soon ......the valve started leaking so i changed the valve stem.
    Not so bad now but still leaking. Maybe it needs to bed in.
    Does anyone have an idea how to lap the valve seat if needed?
    Only had it a week and it's not do good so far. May send it back if it doesn't improve.