Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Daisy Powerline 880

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed

Thoughts on the Daisy Powerline 880

Before I start yes I'm aware of what it's made of and in most eyes it's not a 'serious' rifle, but like my Red Ryder I like the charm of it and I have better Rifles already.

I was wondering what other air gunners had thought of it in terms of enjoyment etc, it would be my first multi pump and seems to be more avalible than the 25 that I was originally looking at (again no serious intentions with it, main idea would be plinking in my Garden), it's also a pellet rifle I could let an inexperianced friend or famly member use without too much worry.

Please let me know your thoughts and thank you in advance.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I can see the attraction myself and would also be interested in hearing owners' views.

The Red Ryder also looks to be a great fun rifle for short range use at low cost. What do you think to it?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I can see the attraction myself and would also be interested in hearing owners' views.

The Red Ryder also looks to be a great fun rifle for short range use at low cost. What do you think to it?
    It definately is, it's very well built and suprisingly accurate for what it is.
    The Lever action you find yourself trying to get faster with to work through groups of targets, I have got mods to put in it soon that should give it a bit more oomph so will have more to report on it.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

One of the best value guns you can buy. Easily shoots through to page 7 of the yellow pages and carries enough ammo to wipe out a whole troop of toy soldiers.
    Eye protection is a must as some of the soldiers seem to shoot back.

Absolutely deadly against empty cans as well.

Less impressive against large potatoes though.

Not tried shooting a potato yet, got some Chalk targets I can try it with though and once the Spring and Airtube are changed I can see if theres a difference, planned but may not happen aswell is the Restomod Daisy designed sliding Springblock that changes the loading movement to the closing stroke of the lever which makes it more efficent and easier on the hand.

I have a Daisy 822 pumper which is great fun and the youngsters can pump it, usually three times.
    I have a tune up kit for the Red Rider, I am asking Santa for a red rider for Christmas.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

The 880 is a most capable rifle when used with pellets. It can even give a fair performance in an HFT competition as my daughter showed several years ago ... beating several PCP shooters in the process.
    Cheers, Phil

HFT competition as my daughter showed several years ago ... beating several PCP shooters in the process.

I would have liked to have seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I have a Daisy 822 pumper which is great fun and the youngsters can pump it, usually three times.
    I have a tune up kit for the Red Rider, I am asking Santa for a red rider for Christmas.
    Is it a Cobalt kit? Thats the one I have to go in mine and the chap hmself is an incredibly nice bloke.

I do have a spare Fibreoptic sight should anyone need one, pretty much an easy swap out (they are standard on the 1999 which is the same base as a RR) and dead handy for eyes that aren't the best anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    The 880 is a most capable rifle when used with pellets. It can even give a fair performance in an HFT competition as my daughter showed several years ago ... beating several PCP shooters in the process.
    Cheers, Phil
    That I think has settled it in one, an 880 is now definately on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    One of the best value guns you can buy. Easily shoots through to page 7 of the yellow pages and carries enough ammo to wipe out a whole troop of toy soldiers.
    Eye protection is a must as some of the soldiers seem to shoot back.

Absolutely deadly against empty cans as well.

Less impressive against large potatoes though.
    What a brilliant post, Steve. You have an uncanny knack of combining information and humour. This and the preceding post by Segata have both definitely confirmed my desire to, like Neil, ask for one from Santa.

As I'd also myself been eyeing one up, I wonder if he might be able to squeeze an 880 into his sack, too?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Cheers, Phil
    Awesome!

May have changed but when I was looking for the RR Pellpax worked out cheapest even getting the fun kit that had ammo, glasses and targets included, sadly we don't have anyone carrying the Christmas dream version here which would be the perfect Santa request, it is otherwise a current 1938B but has the stock that matches the version in A Christmas Story and has decoration to the foregrip as well.

Yes it is a cobalt kit.
    I don't have it in my sticky mits just yet, it is in England. My daughter brought it back for me.

I had somebody help send mine over along with the sights, didn't need a metal lever as the UK sold guns seem to always have them but does seem more a pain in the neck than it needs to be to get parts or even the full Daisy range, not even all of the RR stuff is avalible to us.
    If you want anymore mod ideas check out Restomod Daisy, he's pretty much the defacto authority on it and has even designed a few items of his own such as the sliding springblock, he doesn't sell them currently but will share the plans with you if you ask him.